Chapter 2: Someone Take Me Home

The next afternoon when the three out of four of the children in the Scrubb house gathered in Lucy's room to talk about Narnia, Lucy confronted the other two. "Both of you should be sleeping at night and don't take me for a fool. Both of you! You sneak out of your rooms and talk to each other on the rooftop. Do you even realise how dangerous that is?"

"How did you even find out?" Edmund asked, realising that his secret was out.

"So, it is true then!" 

"Wait, I'm confused," said Sophie. "Are you mad or not mad?"

"Both." Lucy emphasised with a smile. "I used the trick of letting you think that I knew what was going on and you fell right into the trap. But talking about things does help out, even if you don't include me in it."

"Lucy, no.....I'm really sorry if you feel left out."

"Lu, we do talk to you about the things that we talk to each other about. And you don't have to feel left out because you are the one I've always talked to about everything."

"Is that so?" She accused him. "Then why haven't you talked to me about Dhruvika?"

Sophie's eyes opened wide, recognising the name from a dear book. "Wait. Dhruvika? Do you mean Robin? Birdy?!" Edmund looked hurt as she said the name. He closed his face with his hands and Sophie was left speechless. "Wha-" 

That could not be possible. Robin was the main character from 'The Tale of Two Lost Souls' - her favourite book from Narnia! Seeing the way Edmund was reacting, Sophie connected the two dots. Edmund was the King who had saved Dhruvika when she was cursed to be a bird.

"How do you know her?" Lucy asked. "And how did you know that we called her that?"

"T-there is a children's book. It is my favourite. I didn't think that any of the stories would be true. I didn't know that-" Sophie felt a pressure rise up in her chest. "Oh Saints!" She got off the bed and hugged Edmund, who was sitting on the floor. Lucy joined the hug and patted his back. "I'm so sorry. The young king's name was never mentioned and I really wasn't expecting this-" 

"It's fine." He shook his head, making her hit him hard on the arm. "Ow! What was that for!"

"You never mentioned her to me! Not once! How could you do that to me?"

"He has never talked about her since then," commented Lucy sadly.

"Does that mean that you are the 'Soft Queen'?" Sophie asked Lucy.

"Yes." She smiled. "Dhruvika gave me that name."

"Do you have the book with you?" Edmund asked after some time.

Personally, Sophie would have preferred naming it 'Metamorphosis' for keeping the tension in but hey, she didn't write it, did she? I did. 

"I don't unfortunately. But I do remember how the fairytale goes." Edmund looked disgusted at the world 'fairytale'. "Oh, come on! It is such a sweet story and it deserves that name."

"Yeah, with an unhappy ending." 

"Did you know that your story was the first one that I read in Narnia? It helped me through sleepless nights where I felt like I didn't belong anywhere."

"It shouldn't have been made into a story in the first place. Now, I feel as though someone is watching me sleep. Creep," he shuddered, making Lucy smirk.

"Well, I want to hear it," stated Lucy. "Sophie, please ignore my brother." She gave him a pillow to cover his face in and he made a face at the two girls.

"There once was a young girl named Robin that lived in her kingdom, a kingdom that flourished for a long time. Flowers and birds spread the entire land." Sophie started telling the parts of the tale that she remembered the exact words to. "The young man that she fell in love with....." Edmund winced. "Sorry. She met a young king that helped her in her time of need. Tree was the only person who ever understood her. He helped her choose her name. He helped her find her identity. Robin soon became Dhruvika. They met each other for as long as the other needed, before everything broke loose and the truth was out."