Chapter 1: Settling In

"Sweta! You don't understand. The bride and the groom haven't decided about that yet and I am not going to pressure them about it. Tell Claire to keep the fabrics ready, in case they change their minds." Nina looked around and found yet another person to correct. "No, the flowers go over there! The new shipments need to reach-" Evelyn walked by with letters and was stopped by Nina. "Evelyn, please help me with these caterers and florists. They are refusing to take their orders to the new location."

"Yes, Nina. I am talking to the movers next. I'll let them know as well."

Nina clapped her hands together. "This is going to be the greatest function that has ever happened." She started to walk towards the exit where she saw a certain someone hiding behind a pillar. "Your Majesty!" She held her chest. "What are you doing here?"

Sophie Adams smirked. "Watching you make a fuss over this. After all, it's my only source of entertainment for the past few months." She winked.

"Do not sneak up on people, my Queen. We have a lot of work to do and I need you to be your relaxed self until the wedding."

Rewind time.

Let me back up.

It had been a year since Sophie came home and two years since she started to live once again in the Telmarine Castle. There were a lot of formalities that needed to be completed because everyone was moving to their new home - Cair Paravel. The castle stood before the beach in all its might, always ready for the rulers to sail away when they needed time alone, but during this time, nothing was easy. 

Caspian and Sophie had grown closer and talked about a lot of things, but never spent more than a few hours together. They were kept apart ever since the news of the engagement broke out, as if they needed to be pampered. The two of them told each other that they would take care of any problems that came their way. "Together." That was their vow, and during this time, they had their forces keep an eye out for Olivis. Something told Sophie that the Witch wasn't done with her. After finding out the entire story, and after finding out that there were three Witch sisters from Charn, there was a bigger threat to be dealt with.

The castle was being renovated in the sense that all the furniture and items that made the Telmarine Castle livable were being moved to Castle Cair. The Telmarine Castle was going to be used for official ceremonies and meetings. The castle would be guarded because the Council were planning something else for it as well.

In short, life was changing once again and this time, Sophie was changing with it.

Sophie hugged Nina from the back. "I can't believe that this is happening."

"It is. Finally! You two have no idea how much we were rooting for you." She kissed her forehead and blessed her by placing her hand on Sophie's head. "I'm so happy for you, Sophie."

"Thank you so much, Nina. For everything."

It didn't take much for her life to get to the way that it was. Sophie wouldn't call it normal, because, well, nothing in her life could be counted as normal.

"Mother?" The two of them heard the voice of a very beloved guest.

"Rumira, darling. We're here."

Rumira, Nina's daughter, ran towards them and bowed to Sophie. "Congratulations once again, Your Majesty!" They had spent a lot of time together now that Nina and the Professor were keeping Sophie and Caspian apart until it was absolutely necessary for them to spend time with each other. But it gave Sophie an excuse to annoy Rumira and Evelyn and become their friend without being their Queen. "We need to have a meeting sometime. We haven't covered a lot of topics to talk about."