Chapter 5: Blast From the Past

Time passed by very well in the journey. The crew was one step closer to the voyage to end even if they hadn't found any of the Lords that their King, and now Queen, were searching for. A week later, the Dawn Treader landed on an abandoned island but with signs of clear vegetation and habitation. It was unclear who could have lived there.

Early in the morning after they took shelter by the shores, Lucy was nowhere to be found. Sophie woke up and saw the empty blanket next to her. She would have gone to search for her on her own but had been warned by Drinian to not wander off in unknown places.

And so, the search for Lucy Pevensie began.

"Ed! Caspian!"

"Did you find her?" Edmund asked, running back to their resting place, seeing Sophie crouching on the ground and holding the book that Lucy had been reading.

"I think that she has been captured. Lucy wouldn't leave her book open without a bookmark." She said as she brushed her fingers against the words 'The Tale of Two Lost Souls'. Caspian had brought it with him to remember her and Lucy took full advantage of this situation to read the tale of Robin and Edmund.

"Then we must travel further." Caspian kept his sword ready for any attack.

Edmund was staring at the book, his heart thumping against his chest at losing his sister. They had been left behind by the rest of their family and he couldn't do that to Edmund. "We'll find her, Ed," said Sophie, holding his arm.

"Thank you, Soph."

"Just try not to kill anyone," she said as she picked his sword up, the one that Lord Bern gave him when they had been captured at the Lone Islands. She used Edmund's title in the sentence on purpose, the internal joke between them about him being 'The Just' still continuing.

In the Lone Islands, the slave traders had tried to sell Lucy, Eustace and Sophie while they had captured Edmund and Caspian as offerings to the Green Mist. But by Aslan's and Sophie's Saints' grace, Drinian, Reepicheep and the crew members had saved them in time. Caspian banished the Duke that was ruling the Lone Islands and put Lord Bern in charge. The poor old Lord was mortified after the long years of captivity and torture, but Caspian promised him a better life for the years to come.

Caspian was very happy about how everyone thought that he looked like his father, and Sophie was grateful to be by his side and tell him that his father would be just as proud of him like she was. "Maybe even more."

Now, coming back to the Island that they were on. 

As they walked further into the Island with great caution, Edmund asked them to wait as he bent down to pick up Lucy's dagger. He looked up at Sophie, his eyes filled with horror and then, they were attacked, their weapons being taken away by an invisible force. 

"Who are you?" Caspian asked to thin air.

"Keep them occupied." Sophie winked at him and walked to a bush near her that she had been eyeing for a while.

"What sort of creatures are you?" He continued, knowing that that would make them talk.

Edmund looked at Sophie strategically moving farther away from Caspian and knitted his eyebrows together at her. She spun her right index finger on her left palm, asking to buy her some time.

"Big ones," answered the creatures. "With the head of a tiger and the body of a....."

"Another tiger."

It was obvious that there were several of them. But from where they were speaking, it was clear to Sophie that they were not harmful even in the least sense. Behind the bush that she was standing in front of was a small pond. She rotated her wrists, removing the air gaps, and then slowly lifted the water particles. The coldness of the water surged through her as she felt every single particle that constituted it. The water spirit echoed from her body and formed a phoenix as she stood there having the water as a barrier behind her.