Chapter 15: The Dawn of Titles

"Oh Sophie! You look absolutely beautiful!" Nina cried.

"White is definitely your colour." Rumira praised.

Rumira and Evelyn were taking care of the back of the veil. They were straightening it while Nina was taking care of the temporary flowery crown that Sophie was wearing. That day, Caspian and Sophie were getting our official crowns and by His graces, they would get their titles as well.

"The veil is a little long, isn't it?" Sophie asked, looking at how it swayed against the ground behind me when she walked.

"Not long enough." Evelyn said.

They walked out of the lower dressing room and out of the Telmarine castle. That morning after Sophie was given the clear go that meant that Caspian had left, she walked around the entire castle and got that day's exercise. This was the place that gave her a roof over her head when she needed it. Caspian had given her a home. It would be strange to not live there anymore.

They got out of the castle and Sophie's ladies helped her get inside her carriage. Nina forced her to eat a light breakfast while they enjoyed their last meal in the Telmarine castle themselves. Once they were inside, Sophie couldn't help but look at the castle as they were leaving. Her heart was thumping out of her chest. The Telmarine castle was so beautiful in its own way. It was hard to imagine that this was the same place where many of her people died. But that was all in the past, because under Caspian and her rule, they wouldn't let any loved ones die like that.

On her way to Cair Paravel, that was the first time that Sophie actually felt like royalty. This wedding reminded her of all the royal weddings that she knew from the Other World because even there, it was the bride that would make her way to the church. Sophie was a Queen, and she wouldn't let anyone tell her otherwise.

The ride finished in the blink of an eye. She didn't even know when they reached Cair Paravel because by the time she could even breathe, she was staring at the front gates of her new home. She let out a huge breath. She was home.

She would soon be home.

The ladies helped her out of the carriage and straightened my dress and the veil after they climbed up the staircases and stood outside the closed front doors. Sophie kept nodding her head. It was finally happening. In a few more steps, she would be with Caspian again and nobody could keep them apart anymore.

"We'll see you inside." Rumira and Evelyn curtsied before entering the main hall.

Sophie turned to face Nina, wanting to hug her so badly but didn't want to ruin their dresses. "I love you, Nina." She told her for the first time. "Thank you for being my mother when I needed one."

Nina pulled her into a hug. "Now. I'll see you inside before you make me cry and ruin my makeup." They shared a laugh and then, Sophie was alone.

She started thinking about how she was going to be starting the next phase of her life. We come into this world alone and we die alone, but if we are fortunate enough, we meet wonderful people that make this journey memorable. She was very fortunate, because she had met the best people when she came to Narnia.

The doors opened right when the official music troupe started to play the traditional wedding march. Sophie started to walk inside and kept her gaze straight at the end of the long corridor. She took one look at Caspian's face and all her worries were out of the window. He looked so handsome and she wondered how she became so lucky to find him. Sophie lost the ability to control her emotions and blushed in an instant. He was looking at her like I was everything that he was searching for, like she was the answer to the question that he had been asking the entire world at the top of his voice, like she was the missing novella of his favourite book. His smile was so soft but his eyes revealed everything. He loved her. So very much.