Chapter 12: An Unseemly Bow

The people of Narnia welcomed Sophie with open arms, erasing all her concerns and self doubts. They were immediate into letting her talk about herself and making her feel as if she were one among them. 

"Narnia is happy to give another soul a place to live in," Glenstorm told her after she thanked everyone for letting her stay. Something about him made her feel very positive and courageous. It was different from what she had felt when she had heard Aslan's name but it was radiant altogether.

"It was Thunderride who told me that it was going to rain," Caspian told her.

That made Sophie personally thank her. The centaur was extremely sweet, making Sophie feel as if she was talking to Cassie and Melody, and now Evelyn and Rumira. "The king has never asked us for the weather and it was very surprising when he did it," Thunderride told Sophie as Glenstorm and Caspian talked with each other privately. "I was wondering if he was planning an outdoor party of some kind."

"It was very sweet of him to help me out. I hope it wasn't too embarrassing though."

Thunderride winked at her. "You shouldn't be ashamed about it, Miss Adams. Life is shorter than we think it to be. Learning to take joy in the littlest time possible lets us have a wonderful joy."

"Sophie Adams!" 

Sophie heard a voice and looked at the ground. "Sir Reepicheep!"

"Welcome to my home. How are the woods? I hope everyone is treating you well."

"The woods are amazing! Everyone is so kind. I can't thank all of you enough. It truly means a lot to me."

"I think I'm getting used to you calling me 'Sir Reepicheep'," he expressed, standing a little straighter.

"It does have a nice ring to it."

"It certainly does. And is it true that you called Trufflehunter the same way?"

"I heard that too," added Thunderride.

Sophie laughed. "That I did."

Reepicheep introduced her to the dryads and nymphs. Sophie thanked her Saints for bringing her to Narnia. She did not know how different her life would have been otherwise and she did not want to think about it.

Meanwhile, Caspian talked to Glenstorm about the Professor's departure and what it really meant. "He is one step closer to the truth and left immediately," he said as he walked beside the centaur. "Could it really be true?" He asked as he looked at Sophie talking to the naiads and dwarves. "What do the stars tell you?"

Glenstorm was burdened with the knowledge of the unknown and the curse of secrecy. Seeing the young girl in front of him was the same as seeing a white ghost travel through the lands. "The stars are yet to align with each other, Your Majesty. I will have the definite answer by the end of this week." He bowed down with his right hand clamping his chest. "But one thing that I can tell you is that...." He looked at Sophie once again. "She will get hurt today."

Caspian frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I checked the stars for the prophecy and if she is who it is talking about, she may get hurt today. I don't know how or why, but there is a possibility."

"I suppose I'll have to wait till the night of the ball then." Because that was when the moon would be at its highest and the stars would form different constellations, revealing the end of the universe and the journey of the lost.

Sophie was completely unaware of everything that was going on, thanking only her fates to have let her live such a life. So when Caspian asked her if she was ready to leave, she was hesitant. But there was work waiting back at the castle and she agreed to it.  Before they went past the woods, Glenstorm and the centaurs had gathered together and bowed down at the two of them, which she found to be really strange. She wanted to talk to Caspian but he was lost in deep thoughts more than he was when they first arrived.