Chapter 4: Corsetly Explorations

The morning sun rose later than Caspian had expected. It seemed as if even the sun wasn't ready to face the truth and not allowing him to go to sleep once he woke up to the darkness of his room. There was a person from the Other World in Narnia! It was a miracle in itself as that wasn't supposed to happen. Aslan had been very clear about that when the Pevensies left. 

The barrier between the worlds has been closed.

He walked to the Professor's study right in time to meet him at the entrance. "Couldn't sleep?" Doctor Cornelius asked.

Caspian shook his head. There wasn't much to say now that the court meet was over. "Could this have anything to do with-"

"I was thinking the same thing, my boy."

The Professor opened the door and walked inside, Caspian following him while rubbing his temples in a clockwise direction. This could not be happening. The elderly man walked towards the glass cabinets and pulled out a big binder-like book from the dusty shelves. He tapped the book vigorously and set it on top of his study table.

Caspian eyed the book and then looked at the Professor, who knew exactly what had happened in court the previous day. "Is that....what I think it is?" Caspian asked, having heard about the book of legends all his life.

The Professor wore his half-moon glasses and took a seat down in his trusted chair. "I'm afraid it is." He opened the book to the middle page and blew through the page to reveal a secret one in between them.

Caspian's eyes opened wide as words started to appear on the page as soon as it was exposed to the moisture that surrounded them in the air. "How have I never known about this?" 

The Professor chuckled. "Every piece of information that I've taught you has come with the said time. I wouldn't burden you with knowledge that I couldn't deal with myself. This book is the reason that the dryads of the olden stories have awoken. The stars themselves have written this with careful precision after the centaurs foretold this at the dawn of time. It has been kept a secret for a reason," he said. "It's time to talk more about 'The Lost Legacy'."

Waking up to a numb feeling was a familiarity to Sophie Adams, but there was a certain uncertainty joined to it that she couldn't place

Waking up to a numb feeling was a familiarity to Sophie Adams, but there was a certain uncertainty joined to it that she couldn't place. Nina's instructions had been clear the previous day and Sophie was able to find the kitchen after getting ready, where everyone was already working for that day. The wooden tables and benches had people working in most of them. It seemed that the work in the castle started long before the sun broke across the horizon.

Nina, who had taken it up to herself to keep the new person safe, started talking about her family and mentioned that she had a daughter named Rumira, who was the same age as Sophie. Sophie found it easy to talk to her. It was as if she had known her all her life because this was a feeling she wasn't used to.

"You have quite a different way of speaking. I've never heard it before." Nina could tell something different about someone in a very positive way that didn't hurt your feelings. "I hope you slept well."