45-Lavender

Olivia

Today Cora and I are going prom dress shopping. 

We invited Stevie but she said she couldn't make it, which means it's just me and Cora. 

We would wait closer to prom but with the Europe tripping in a few weeks we figured it was better to get them now. 

"I'm thinking something pastel. Ooo like a pastel pink maybe." Cora says as we walk into the shop.

"What are you looking at?" She asks and I shrug, "I want to find a lavender dress." I say. 

Lavender has always been my favorite shade of purple. All of my blankets used to only be lavender because I didnt want any other color. 

My phone buzzes and I see it's a text from Alex. 

Ever since Willy and I's adventure he's been nonstop watching me. 

Not that I minded, I knew why he was doing it. 

He asks how the shopping is going and I tell him that Cora might have found a dress. 

Probably not, I was sure it would be a few hours before she decided on one she really loved. 

"Try this one on." She says shoving a dark purple dress into my hands.

I put it back on the rack. 

Cora pouts, "It was pretty."

"Then you try it on." I counters making her roll her eyes. 

The whole day is spent between us trying on dresses and then shoes. 

We both end up finding dresses that we really like. 

After that the two of us head to the food court for lunch. 

Cora raves about how excited she is for the Europe trip. According to her we are getting matching tattoos. 

I agreed because why not, you only live once right?

We end up shopping for some clothes after before heading back to her house. 

* * *

"You're coming with me to dinner tonight right?" I ask Alex in his kitchen. 

He nods before taking a bite of his sandwich. 

I sit on the counter and play a game on my phone while he eats. 

We end up making out in his room for a little bit before his parents get home.

* * * 

At dinner later that night my mom goes on and on about her new job. 

I am happy for her that she's getting back on her feet. 

She - just like Alex - had gotten a little more overprotective since Willy and I's adventure. 

That's what I had been calling it cause it really was like a mini adventure. 

I had brought Willy some confetti cookies as an apology for all of Alex's glares and icy behavior. 

"Are you sure Europe will be safe?" My mom asks and I nod.

 "Its a school trip mom."

She lifts an eyebrow in question, "And?"

"And everything will be fine." I promise her. 

Once dinner is done Alex and I do the dishes while my mom sits in the living room on the couch. 

"Have you seen my spoon?" I ask Alex. 

He knows what I'm talking about. I had a special gold spoon I only used for ice cream. 

My aunt had gotten it for me for a birthday gift one year. She said I shouldn't use it to actually eat but hey, I was little and it looked cool. 

Ever since then I used it for ice cream and only ice cream. 

Alex comes up empty handy and I huff.

"Hey mom have you seen my-" my words die in my throat when my eyes land on a card in the drawer. 

My dads hand writing. 

I open it to see it's addressed to my mom. His address?

She had it this whole time?

"Whats going on?" Alex asks and I show him the card. 

He reads it as I head to the living room. 

"Whats wrong?" my mom asks and I scoff, "How could you?"

Her brows punch together, "What are you going on about?"

"You knew where dad was the whole time?" Her eyebrows shoot up. 

"How did you-"

I laugh humorlessly, "So you knew?"

She takes a deep breath but nods her head, "He sent it not long after he left. He didnt want you to know so I never told you."

Alex comes to stand by my side. 

"I cant believe this." I say shaking my head. 

She sighs, "Olivia leave it alone."

"No." I snap, "He owes me answers."

I needed these answers, answers I could now get. 

Grabbing my keys I head out towards my car. 

"Where are you going?" Alex asks, chasing after me. 

"To see my dad."