4-Tutoring

"Don't forget tomorrow is an away game

"Don't forget tomorrow is an away game. I better be able to hear each and every one of you cheering in the stands." Naomi says into the microphone.

It was currently Thursday and we are in the middle of a pep rally.

The ugly blue and white bow sits a little lower than the top of my head as I hold my pom poms to the side of me.

"Now lets practice how loud we are going to be at the game." Naomi calls out.

"Now repeat after me, LET'S GO LIONS, LET'S GO!" She calls out then stomps her feet three times to the rhythm of the chant.

The second time she does it all the cheerleaders follow suit.

The third time everyone joins in.

"LOUDER!" She calls out and we all chant again.

She has everyone do it five more times before she is satisfied.

"That's how loud we need you guys to be in order to win the game."

Not really I am sure everyone could be dead silent and our team would win.

I guess it's all about cheering for your team which I should be more excited about saying that I am a cheerleader.

The only thing I love about pep rally's is that I get excused from my last two classes.

"Now get ready for the Ridgewood Cheerleaders." Our principle calls out.

Oh great it's time for our performance.

Luckily Naomi toned this one down, it was more tricks than it was dancing.

We get in formation and the music starts.

The crowd starts to cheer as Cora, Naomi, and I are hoisted into the air.

Naomi being in the middle and slightly more in front of the two of us of course.

One of my legs is raised in a passé so my ankle touches the side of my knee.

My left fist is pressed against my waist and my right hand is in the air.

Scanning the crowd I see everyone's excited faces.

Then I see those dark blue eyes.

Those eyes that are glued to mine.

He's not cheering like the rest of the crowd, hell he's not even standing.

Time seems to slow in this very moment as we hold each others gazes.

He rolls his bottom lip in his mouth and I can't stop the shudder that rolls through me.

Then I feel my stomach drop and realize I was just thrown in the air.

So maybe time didnt stop after all.

I tuck my knees flipping in the air and my group catches me safely before placing me down on the ground.