8-Dress Shopping

Special K with almonds is disgusting

Also why are there so many different foods here with almonds in them?

I wonder if Sarah, Alex and Cora's mom, has an almonds kink.

She's got chocolate covered almonds, special K cereal with almonds, roasted almonds, salted almonds, lightly toasted almonds, unsalted almonds, almond bars. Can't forget the almond milk.

I shovel another spoonful of the flavorless cereal in my mouth as I regret not stocking my back up food here.

The thing was, I swore I had another package of pop tarts but I guess I was wrong.

Alex walks in to the kitchen and I ignore him.

Well that is until he comes to stand right across from me, setting his phone down in front of me on the table.

I look up from the monstrosity Sarah calls breakfast.

Looking at his phone screen I gasp then I flit my gaze up to Alex.

"You passed." I announce.

Mrs.Dupree must have put the grades for the test in last night.

Alex got a one hundred and twenty meaning there must have been bonus questions.

He aced it, I had no doubt in my mind he would.

He nods and I stare at his messy hair. From the way he looks, he looked like he just crawled out of bed.

"See this is what I'm talking about Alex, you're so smart. You don't need tutoring." I say before shoveling another spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

I crunch down on a sliver of almond. Gross.

He shakes his head, "My parents are going to insist as long as I keep failing the labs."

"Well then don't fail them. Isn't Ben in that class, why don't you partner up with him?" I ask confused.

I get he doesn't want to work with other people he doesn't know or like, but Ben is his friend.

"Can't, we get assigned new partners every lab." He says and I sigh.

"Well can't you talk to Mrs.Dupree about how it makes you feel or whatever maybe she would make an exception."

I was trying to help but by the look on his face I did the opposite.

Great.

Alex scoffs, "I'm not some pathetic piece of shit who needs special accommodations because I freak out about having to talk to new people. I know I should grow the fuck up and deal with it, since it's not that big of a deal in the first place. I mean god you walk up to people all the time you don't know like it's nothing and here I am on the verge of passing out because someone asks me my name."