6-Smiles

By Wednesday the bruises aren't as noticeable

Still I decide to wear a long sleeve shirt to avoid any questions. I don't really feel like explaining where I got the bruise from.

I know Alex doesn't believe me but at least he doesn't know the truth.

That my mom is such a messed up drunk that she lets random men in her house knowing it's the same place her seventeen year old daughter sleeps in.

He may not care about me but he wouldn't turn a blind eye to that.

"Naomi please sit down in your own seat." Mr. Shields says and I look behind me.

Naomi is sitting on top of Michael's desk twisting her curly hair around her finger.

She looks over at Mr. Shields, smiles, and then stands up.

"Yes sir." She says full of sarcasm before she takes her seat beside me.

Cora and I look at each other, then we roll our eyes.

"Like I was saying." Mr. Shields says before he goes on with the lesson.

The lesson seems to go on for hours. Usually he isn't the lecture kind of teacher but I guess today he decided to be.

Cora's blinking slows even more every time she blinks. I swear she is one blink away from falling asleep.

Naomi on the other hand is just watching Michael.

When I look back at him I see he's actually asleep.

The bell finally rings and we head off to our next class.

Those go by fairly fast and then it's time for lunch.

I promised Alex I would help him prepare for his test in physics today.

Not that he needs the help.

Grabbing my stuff I head down to the cafeteria.

When I enter the double doors I head straight over to his table.

It's a round table with six chairs total.

Willy sits right in front of the corner of the room.

Ben is to his left and Toby to his Right.

On the other side of Toby is Alex and I sit beside him.

One chair between me and Ben.

When I take the seat they all watch me closely. I feel sort of out of place and I wonder if Alex told them I would be sitting here.

Probably not.