Season 2: Episode 22 - Return of the Lost Keyblade Hero - One-shots

Episode 22 - Return of the Lost Keyblade Hero - One-shots

The Bequeathing

After chasing away Maleficent, Pete and their allies Sora and Dewey are stood on the roof of one of the buildings in Disney Town looking at bright sunset together.

Dewey: This has been one heck of a party.

Sora: You said it. But everything turned out okay in the end, right?

Dewey: Yeah, congratulations on winning the Million Dreams Award.

Sora: Thanks Dewey. So what is it you wanted to talk about?

Dewey: I just wanted to know something. Dewey walks up to the edge of the building and looks out into the distance, his expression unseeable. After you saved Kairi, the cost of using the Power of Waking the way you did...was vanishing to another far-off world where no one could find you, right?

Sora: Sora is a little taken aback by the question but answers solemnly. Yeah, that was price I had to pay.

Dewey: As you waited to vanish from the world...were you afraid?

Sora: Yeah, I was afraid. In fact, when I first found out from Chirithy what would happen to me my heart was racing. I was afraid of losing my life...

Dewey: How is it that you were so strong that you're willing to face your fears and sacrifice your life despite the consequences? Despite that fear you used the Power of Waking anyway.

Sora: The answer to that is simple Dewey. Sora gives a bright smile. It's because of Kairi, I'm strong enough to face my fears. He places a hand over his heart. She's the light in my heart, the one who holds me together...and that's because I love her. I thought I was done for when the Heartless destroyed me the first time but Kairi's light held my body together and I was able to save everyone.

Dewey: You really do care about her.

Sora: Yeah...I thought we could finally be together forever after we defeated Xehanort...only... He saddens as he clenches his fists. Xehanort dashed any hopes of that happy ending happening. The thought of her alone and her heart literally shattered to pieces...it sickened me. I refused to let her be alone like that again...she's already suffered enough because of Xehanort and all his incarnations. That's one of the reasons why I was more than happy to sacrifice my life...because I want her to live...and breathe. She deserves it after everything she's had to go through. We all do. I knew that I wouldn't be gone forever. I believed thinking about my friends would eventually lead me back to them. I believed that with all my heart.

Dewey: Wow...you really are strong Sora.

Sora: Sora smiles at that compliment. Not really. If I'm strong it's because of the support I have from my friends...especially Kairi. I'm sure if that had been Webby, you'd do the same thing Dewey.

Dewey: Dewey smiles a little into the distance. Yeah, of course I would. Webby means everything to me. If she were to die...I don't know what I'd do. Whenever she's sad...like when she lost Lena...it affects me too. I really like it when she smiles. Like Kairi with you, Webby is the light in my heart and seeing her everyday has kept me going through all my adventures.

Riku's Theme

Sora can't help but stare at Dewey along with the bright sunset. For a while in Dewey's place Sora is watching himself when he was 4 years old standing at the edge of the roof. He gasps a little and when 4 year old Sora turns around with a smile he's replaced by Dewey again and he's smiling brightly. An idea comes to Sora's mind.