78: Hell Loose

When she opened her eyes, the surroundings altered and she found herself standing on the palace grounds where the massacre five months ago happened.

Her breath halted as she stumbles to get near him.
Astaria felt as if her heart dropped into her stomach.
Eyes widen in terror, she let out another painful scream. Even though Knile was someone who can't be trusted, somehow, she let herself hope that he was still alive and that everything was an imagination. She believed that she didn't do it—that he was still alive.

"The thing is, the holy sword killed him— not you. Since the sword cuts almost anything, it slices through the imagination and killed him in the real world."

Her explanation was ignored yet she continues. She continued to step towards the fallen heroine with mischief glinting through her orbs.

"But that's a lie, the holy sword didn't bring an end to him. It was you, Neville wasn't an imagination of your mind like you previously thought— he was real. I trapped both of you there and look!" Knile chuckled, clenching her stomach. "Truth really does hurt to those people who aren't prepared to hear it. So much despair, so much negativity... But at least you're finally free?"

She stood near the heroine and a goofy smile decorated her lips— the heroine's blood lust was too great for her to not enjoy.

Her tears keep falling but no sob was release. Her eyes throw daggers at the villainess while tightly hugging his corpse. The tighter she clutches on him, the more blood paints her. Also, the head was fallen somewhere, tainting the snow.

The scene was gruesome yet romantic. Knile couldn't help herself and summoned a flower in her hand that symbolizes romance in this realm, but death from what she was used to.

"It's quite a shame, I don't want to give this to you."

The heroine felt her stomach twist.

"But why summon it?" Releasing him, she wipes her tears and stood. His blood slightly smeared on her face yet she seems not to notice. "Why create such meaningless existent then?"

Knile's eyes left the flower and she looks at her.

"I never expected something like that coming from you." She longingly stares back at the flower before dropping it. Knile raise her left foot and brought it down— destroying the beauty of the petals before encountering Astaria's glare. "I created it in hopes of destroying it."

"But you admired it at firs-"

"That's not the point," she pauses and waited for Astaria to speak but she didn't. "You really don't get it, do you? What I did to the flower should be familiar to you. Recreating the world or turning back time just to ruin the orders and destroy more lives."

"So what?! I was desperate!" Her eyes narrowed and the glare intensified. The villainess notice how Astaria's tightly clenched hand release more blood that it stains the snow. "Why can't I be selfish?! Why can't the world let me choose and do something evil to save myself and my child?! Why can't I do it too? Knile, tell me, am I always supposed to be good? No matter what happens, I'm always forced to be good! Astaria you should do that, act like that, help people— I'm tired of it."

"What nonsense are you saying?"
Astaria's sudden outburst created no effect on her, not even emotional. "Save your child?"

"I'm sorry but I just can't— I don't understand what you said. It's either you had some loose screws or I'm lacking something. Do you think you're not selfish enough? What do you even mean by that? Living itself is selfish! Survival of the fittest remember? Did you think you were selfless? Like really, really, really, selfless? If that's the case-" She raises her arm and pointed a finger at Astaria.