36: Crazy World

The unhealthy relationship one might comprehend...

'I love you Astaria..'

The struggle conveyed by fate that became an everyday routine...

'No matter what happens, I'll die victoriously.'

The search for the truth...

'...Investigate more about dark magic...'

And then there are the knights, trying to prevent further havoc and death...

"We need to use violence to stop the people from a protest that will decrease the rate of infection!"

"We can't afford to do that! We pledge not to hurt our people!"

"Oh come on! Nash, this is the only way!"

"Violence is not the only way Astley!"

The white and dark knights grab each other's throat as they argue over the easiest way to prevent the spreading illness.

The black death has been inflicting pain and suffering towards the people. The source of it was unknown for it just appeared out of nowhere.

Hospitals and clinics were already full and the medics can't take the hardships anymore.

The church on the other hand was praying and blessing the ill. The magicians proceeded to heal the people but the rushing of patients every minute and the enormous loss of mana cause them to grow tired.

Also, the accusation of witches and warlocks conveyed dismay among the magicians, making them lose their confidence.

Pharmacists and herbalists joined hands to find a cure.

Everyone was worried.

Sooner or later, the monarchy will collapse.

Both of them harshly release each other as they glare at the knights who were watching them.

'Even the leader's loss composure.' One of the knights thought. Some of them keep denying that the current chaos can't be prevented. It was just too much.

With the absence of the Emperor, every decision lies on the Empress. A previous commoner with a little experience when it comes to running the monarchy. (Rashta- just imagine if she ruled the empire during a crisis-)

The villainess and her precise timing...

"Sir, it's been an hour and we're losing against time. Kindly tell us the orders." One of the knights politely complained as the others nodded in agreement.

"Tch!" Astley clicked his tongue as he walkout.

The dark knight sigh as he shut his eyes. Pressure has been piling on him since the previous week. They didn't bother the illness at first since the doctors explained they can prevent it. Now that it's worst, he was regretting not taking action earlier.

He glances at the knight and curses internally.

'What did we do to receive such harsh punishment?'

"Scare the people. Try frightening them and do not injure them." He finally ordered.

'That's the only thing we and Astley can agree on.'

"Understood." The knight saluted and the troops behind him followed and left.

'I didn't even receive proper sleep for a week.'

Compared to the dark knight, Knile had it rough during the three months of preparation and it was all worth it.

He grabs a handful of his ebony hair and clenches it.

'If only the commoners stop protesting against the nobles and crown.'

A sigh escapes his lips as he continues to look down.

'Why are they revolting again? Was it because of the witch trials? I remember some towns executing innocent commoners too, accused as a witch. Are they all acting stupid? There's no proof yet!'

"What the hell is the Empress and Prince even doing?! They haven't sent any orders yet!"

'This might also be the reason why they're protesting against the crown.'

'Because they aren't doing anything and it's been a week!'

'Even the nobility...'

'How about the five dukes? I suppose they were administered to the lands they rule.'

'Rayll and Arundel are trying to find the antidote and the truth. Wth is that truth they're trying to find anyway?!'

'Astley and I are ordered by our father to stop the mayhem and it's unstoppable! The two of us can't even agree on anything!'

'The prince... I don't know what he's been up to lately.'

'Though he is useless.'

'Astaria on the other hand is trying to stop the witch trials. That's so brave of her. She's also trying to defend the church. She shouldn't overwork herself..'

'The Leyn household doesn't have any successors yet. The duchess is preventing the witch trials while her husband is taking care of their regions.'

'Celestine and Kn- her twin. I heard the duke ordered them to solve problems that they can only solve. Frankly, they're in charge of the current economy.'

"Everyone's trying hard and yet here we are, arguing." The dark knight spoke as he released his hair. He then walks near the entrance and halted. He can still hear their shouts and can sense the destruction around them.

'How do we stop this..'

He asked himself before appearing in front of the protesting people. His eyes narrow as he looks at them.

'What an insane world we live in.'

...............................................

This was short. Thanks for the votes, comments and feedbacks. I really appreciate it since it helps! As always, criticism is welcome!