2: Her Ladyship, The Villainess

The image above is the Duke, her father. Artist is @enaa97 on twitter. Help me find the artist to the other pics please!

»»---->

After realizing and thinking too much, she decided to continue the life of Knile Hyll Reiss, the villainess who's fated to die.

Even though she was going to die in the end, she didn't hate it because that's how the story goes.

She finished reading the whole manga and knew that the villainess herself doesn't have any interest in the male leads. Scratch that, she secretly likes someone.

The story follows a naive and ignorant heroine with a Cinderella-like tale. With overpowered magic and innocent beauty, she strives to charm the male leads. The villainess didn't care about the uprising diva until her fiancée started to change.

As the prince began changing, the aristocratic power decreases. The commoners started revolting against the crown which threatens peace. The villainess understood that the crown prince was behind all this along with the heroine. They both were trying to end the noble and current regime which forced Knile to do something about it since she is the crown princess.

As an upcoming Empress, it was her job to stop the revolution and bring back peace to the Empire. It was a heavy task, she also wasn't acquainted with anyone and no one was willing to help her, even the nobles. It was like fighting the entire nation including the crown prince and excluding those lazy nobles.

The nobles expected and trusted her so much yet no one was willing to help. The Emperor was desperate to retire and he somehow mysteriously died so everything now depends on her. The crown prince was being useless as usual and the empress was sick.

Bringing back peace was a challenge.
Agreeing with greedy nobles was irritating.
Fighting with the Crown Prince over a decision that would affect the empire was tiring.
Her family doesn't care about her and doesn't show any support which angers her.
The peasants were ignoring laws.
Knights don't care about honor and loyalty anymore.
Nobles were taking advantage of the chaos.
The imperial family was losing power within her hands.

And you know what's worst, even with the sacrifice she did, she was accused of starting the chaos. Rumor has it that she was the one who killed the Emperor to receive more power and this ignorant conspiracy lead to her doom.

The accusation started from the crown prince, her fiancée. The accusation spread like wildfire and her position as an upcoming Empress was gone.

Disappointments were seen on everyone's faces every time they speak of her. This was a plan of the prince for he wanted the heroine to rule with him. Why go to such an extended length? Maybe it was because the dead Emperor himself was very fond of the villainess which lead to envy? Who knows.

The heroine's light magic started appearing and people, especially the nobility, started to know what fear was. Having light magic was a clear sign she is gifted and will make the empire prosperous. It was also a sign from the goddess they believed.

People started comparing the Heroine with light magic and the Villainess with her unknown magic.

An accident occurred and Knile was forced to reveal her dark magic. Since dark magic is considered as the source of all evil, her image grew worst. Everything that she builds, collapsed after the revelation of her ugly secret.

This immediate change of events causes Knile to break down and change. Because of the mental damage she received, she couldn't think straight anymore, she was slowly being swallowed by hysteria. She then-

"Knile are you listening?" Her father's cold voice interrupted her from remembering the story. She looks at her father with hatred hiding within her red eyes and didn't utter a single letter.