13: Trying to Understand The Villainess

The details of her death were vague and only Knile know what truly happened. Her funeral was being held and that day, dark clouds covered the brilliant sun and rain fell heavily.

Father, was the one with the most pain. He got divorced and then after a month, the love of his life died. Misfortune after misfortune, Celestine believes this all happened because of Knile.

I spotted Knile with grandfather and she was staring at the ground with no emotion. She never talks with anyone except grandfather. When people tried talking and establishing connections with her, she would leave as fast as she could.

Celestine tried her best to talk with her but got turned down. She was hoping she could ask for more information about mother since she never talks with her.

After the funeral, I force my way towards Knile's room. I saw her reading books about politics and when she looks at me with those red bloody eyes, I snap.

I immediately went and grab her neck. Hatred filled my mind as I gazed at her figure. I hate how she resembles mom. I hate how she has crimson eyes like mother. I hate how she has dark hair like a mother. I hate how she just looks like her! Why did you even come into this world?!

It's because of you mother is dead! It's because of you I never received her love! Your very own existence destroyed our family.

She didn't resist while I strangle her. She let me do what I wished. I soon realized she was struggling to breathe so I release her. She was coughing violently and I was trembling. Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I started crying.

I almost killed what mother loves the most.

"If only, if only you didn't exist," I stated. "Mother would also love me!"

"Aha... Ha... "

I glared at her and she was still staring at the carpet. She lowered her head as she proceeds to laugh. Why? Just how dare she laugh when mother just departs?!

I grab the collar of her dress and force her to look at me. She was still laughing and her bloody eyes were covered by hair. Her laughter, it was like she's laughing at our miseries. Just because you receive a lot of love from mother!

"Why?" I ask. "Why do you look like you're laughing at our despair?" I glared at her as I grit my teeth.

"Aha... I'm not laughing at your misery. I'm laughing because that woman is finally dead!"

She spoke those words with happiness surrounding her. She smirks and her bloody eyes flare. I can hear my heartbeat while her laughter mix with it. I started trembling and before I could stop myself, I slap her as hard as I could. The laughter subdues and everything went quiet.

She's happy because mother is dead?! Why?! Just what is wrong with her! Is she insane?!

"Aha...I never loved her. She was so clingy. Why didn't you do anything to help me, brother? Why didn't you stop her obsessions with me? Why did you let her do what she wants? Broth-"

"Don't ever call me brother! " I snap at her. Her eyes widen in shock and I release her forcefully. She was staring at the floor with her fist clench.

"You were lucky enough you receive mother's love," I stated before I ran away from that room. Until this day, I avoid walking near that room. It reminds me of how I loathed her.

And now, back to the present time...

"Where's Knile?" The Duke of House Hyll asks with a stoic face. He was our grandpa yet I don't feel like I'm part of his family.

"Pardon?" I lifted an eyebrow as my smile faded. What does he mean by that? How should I know where that b*tch is? I stared at the orb which is used to communicate and rub the side of my neck.

"I'm asking if you know the location of your younger sister. She is supposed to be here five days ago but I haven't seen that child. I tried contacting your father yet he hasn't responded. Is she still in that mansion?"

"I'm afraid I don't hold any valuable information. I also haven't seen her lately." I responded as I nibbled my bottom lip and avoided his empty stares.

I don't even care about that woman so why is he asking me instead of patiently waiting for Father's answer? Is he that eager to see that woman?

"I see, I hope she is doing fine." I can feel the hatred through his voice. This ability to sense emotion is a gift and a curse. He also probably hate me because I also hated his granddaughter and heiress.

"Ah, Duke?" I force myself to stare through his crimson eyes as I scratch my cheek.

"What is it, child?"

"Would you mind telling me why mother loves Knile?"

It is rude to talk about the past but right now, I want to know the meaning behind her words. Knile previously stated that she wanted to be saved. I wonder what she meant by it? Even though it's roughly been ten years after her death, I finally decided to know what happened. I was scared, frightened to investigate back then.

"Love? Your mother loves Knile?"

My face went blank after his words.

"Y-yes! I thought I might need to know why she ignored Celestine and concentrated on pleasing Knile..."

"That woman, did she truly concentrated on pleasing Knile or destroying the curse? From my memories, I can easily tell that woman focuses on destroying the curse, not loving Knile."

Terror overtook my face after listening to him. What does he mean by a curse? What... I never heard of any curse from the two households.

"Grandfather, what do you mean by that? W-what curse?"

As I stared at grandfather for any answer, sadness clouded his features. He avoided looking at my widen eyes and close his eyes. Strange... Why is he sad?

Are they hiding something I didn't know? Did Knile truly wanted to be saved from mother??

"Visit me if you have time. It wouldn't be appropriate if my grandson didn't know. Be prepared to hear the truth about House Hyll."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛✧༺♥༻✧♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Knile is from the word Knife
And Hyll is from the word Hell.
Reiss is from Attack on titan.

This is why I'm terrible with names.