19: The Heroine's View

Asteria Leigh

"My daughter, get yourself ready. You are being invited by Lady Knile."

"Pardon?"

I was a bit surprised by his words. I had heard a lot of rumors that surrounded her, stating she is currently missing and not in a good shape. Nonetheless, this is my chance.

Chance to change my tragic fate.

"The letter states you go immediately. They didn't tell the reason but I think it has to do with your magic. We wouldn't be called by a powerful noble if it wasn't for your magic so run along now. You're making them wait." My father said as he started ordering the maids around. The maids started showing me appropriate dresses and made me try a lot which is a bit tiring.

I wonder why Lady Knile invited me. She never did this from my last life. She never cared about me but only cared about the uprising I started with the prince. I have to apologize to her, for everything. If it wasn't for me and my silly ideologies everyone will meet a happy ending. Because of my silly beliefs from my past life, she suffered.

I don't understand how I remember those memories. What bothers me is the mistake I created during the Prince banquet...

I planned to attract not the males but Lady Knile by making me look stupid. She really can't ignore stupid people and would lecture them. I learned that from my past life.

I did captivated her attention but the massive attention from the nobles diverted the results. As a count daughter who's lower than her, it will seem like I was the one getting bullied which I never intended to happen.

The prince, the source of my suffering from my past life, why did I blush when I saw him?! I should be hating him but every time I look at him with his young face... I feel weak.

  I should create a plan to prevent him from being too obsessive and possessive towards me.  It's just that, I miss the prince who isn't that possessive.....

Just Why? Why do I want to save him after everything he did? Maybe it's because I still love him?

But I loathed him. Ever since the war ended and I killed lady Knile using my light magic, everything started changing. He got the position as the president, a term, and a new government system the elders thought of. The whole empire or county started going back to normal. But the prince, I don't know what came over him. He drags me towards a room and locks me there. I was forced to stay there and my freedom was no longer in my hands.

He started saying things that a psycho will say and I felt uncomfortable with his words. He will kill anyone who he thinks is a threat to our so-called 'love'. He even warned me that he will kill my family which is my weakness. I was easily controlled by a mere threat.

I remember how my fight with lady Knile went. I received the most injuries but I never gave up until both I and the magician cornered her. I was the one who stabs her using the holy sword. I guess he saw how I got hurt and decided to lock me away, for my safety. Even though he wanted to protect me, I think what he did was wrong. It was wrong to just seize my freedom while masking it as protection.

My life was hell back then. I never saw my father, and even my friends such as the twin Knights, the magician (since a spell was preventing him from doing anything to let me out), Rayll and Celestine, and my commoner friends. It was lonely and depressing.

He even....... me during my birthday, making me pregnant with his son. I never wanted him to do it but he forces himself towards me, beating me in the process.

I then started blaming myself  that everything was my fault.

A lot of people died for my sake, some of them are my friends thinking I was the one who will end the current era of despair and will start an era with no suffering. But at the very end, I didn't change anything for I pathetically died.

My negative thoughts and nightmares consume me, leading me to kill myself, wishing everything to be restarted so that I will change my fate. Of course, I killed myself after my first child was born. The child was innocent but I don't want that child to experience hell while growing so I restarted the whole world using my light magic and a few ancient spells. I sacrificed my body and life to restart the world.

And I succeeded but created a mistake.

A mistake that changed everyone's fate.

I persuaded Lady Knile to show her magic so that everyone wouldn't see her as a threat. I planned to help her be accepted by everyone but... I guess I was wrong.

I thought she was gonna chant a spell to summon a cute golden fox like she did to impress the people during her coronation but of course, things will not go as planned.

It was a bit unexpected, she summoned the dragon she used during the war. I was overwhelmed with the wrong expectations. I notice how the nobles stand terrified and the Emperor and Empress look shocked and worried. She suddenly started coughing blood while releasing a strange dark aura. The first person to went near her, checking why the sudden illness was the magician, Arundel Wysteria.

Her family stayed still and didn't even bother moving until a noble scream, making them realize the current situation. I was a bit mad at the two siblings for not reacting immediately even though they were my friends.

Lady Knile is their family so why do they look like they don't care?!

I went to heal her using my magic but I was stopped by my father. I look at him with pleading eyes but he didn't agree and pulled me away from Lady Knile. I felt betrayed but I reassured myself father don't want me to tire myself.

After the whole banquet event, I was called by the Empress. Because of what I did, I immediately attracted the Royal Family and things turn worst immediately.

I was now engaged with the prince.

But I don't understand, how and when did they even annual Lady Knile and Prince Neville's engagement. From the books and laws, the two family needs to discuss it first but I think they haven't discussed anything yet.

Just why does it feel like everything is going fast forward? My engagement with the prince was supposed to happen after Lady Knile was accused of dark magic. She did show a sign of dark magic but that wasn't enough! I thought I had the upper hand here since I know what's gonna happen next. I didn't even prepare myself.

That's why, I tried to remember the places she went and waited there, hoping I could meet her and call it a coincidence but it was futile. Instead of meeting her, I meet the twin Knights and magician.

I bonded with them since I missed them so much.

The dark Knight named Nash started asking a bunch of questions out of nowhere and I answered him using my past life experience.

"People who don't acknowledge one's sacrifice don't deserve it."

I told him. I received a lot of sacrifices from Arundel and even receive a confession from him but I rejected him. I don't deserve the sacrifices he made. I didn't even acknowledge it since I was too busy flirting with the prince back then.

I also don't know what possibly happened in his life... I just hope they won't hate Lady Knile again. I'll try to prevent them from hating and becoming enemies with her because if they will, the past and present will only have one ending.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛✧༺♥༻✧♛┈⛧┈┈•༶
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the story. It ranks first at the antagonist tag and I just publish it 3weeks ago. I'm just a bit worried y'all be disappointed as the stories unfold. Anyways, Happy new year.