22: As Predicted

Knile Hyll Reiss pov

Ah...Finally, after four hours of getting surrounded by a lot of maids, I feel like I'm back to my original self.

Before the sun can even rise, they suddenly startled me and force me to take a bath. They applied beauty products and I almost cause a ruckus since they were being rough.

I sigh and walk towards the mirror that was adorned with jewels and gold. My eyes were back to normal thanks to a certain potion. My gaze was then captured by something shining behind. The room was reflected at the mirror. A chandelier hanging on the ceiling with captivating design, the vase on the corner with jewelry adorning it, a dreary painting of Knile besides the window and ornaments adorned it.

It was a surprised the Duke didn't neglected Knile financially. Perhaps he cherish her?

"My lady, you have been staring at the surrounding through the mirror."

How perceptive and courageous... That wasn't Celestia's voice but from someone I  don't even know.

"Oh, it's just cuz everything looks so expensive. Why would someone even bother decorating a mirror with jewels when they could've used the money to donate it for charity?" I replied, shocking the maid.

It must be her first time hearing such a normal response from me. I'm probably known as the woman who fired a lot of maids for no reason. I mean I did fire a lot...

"My lady must've forgotten it. It was a gift from Lord Nash." She cheerfully spoke with her face adorned with a gentle smile. I blankly look at her briefly then proceeded to stare at the mirror.

"I see.."

What useless information.

The maid then slowly walk away since she was called by the others. I can hear them whispering something, probably a nasty rumor about me. I then heard familiar footsteps coming beside me.

"My lady, is there something wrong with your dress? Are you perhaps uncomfortable?" Celestia spoke as she looks at me up and down, probably trying to find a mistake with my dress. A dress with black and red gothic theme. The silk sleeves were long and comfortable. The patterns and design on my dress look like constellations. My neck and ears were adored simply by dark jewels. Everything about me right now looks so gloomy it makes me sick. Though, I don't care much. Anyways,

"If you're talking about the corset then take it off. The accessories are also heavy. Why do women even apply so much powder? I look like a ghost." I bluntly answered as I heard Celestia giggling.

"Don't worry my lady, it's just for three hours or so."

Yeah right. That's 180 minutes talking with strangers.

I started walking towards the ball with Celestia following me. The ballroom was quite noisy and I can immediately feel myself getting tired.

If there's one thing I haven't improved about myself it's about talking and dealing with strangers and small talks. Like seriously, if you think she's ugly don't compliment her.

"Well then my lady, I hope you enjoy yourself. And before I forget, Happy Birthday."

I gazed behind and saw Celestia with eyes and smiles that resembles someone I know. The aura around her... It's warm. She looks like a loving mother. I sigh and whispered thanks as I mentally prepare myself.

That was also, the last genuine statement I heard before I entered the battlefield.

There were two large and elaborated stairs leading down towards the guest. The whole room was decorated precisely and everyone was wearing fabulous dresses with hidden malice. Celestine was positioned on the other stair heading down.