29: Recognizing Serenity

'Peaceful.....'

The heroine thought as she savors the tea while enjoying the present. She thought of how happy her family is and how the prince change. A feeling of delight overcomes her. The prince doesn't spend his time around her 24/7 anymore which made her happy.

Compared to her past life she wasn't given any alone time.

Though the possessive nature hasn't changed.

Slowly her feelings for him grew and she yearned to have a happy and serene life with him. She had somehow forgotten what the prince did to him every time she looks at his sapphire and dreamy eyes.

She found herself forgiving him out of love.

Unbeknownst to her, the prince wasn't paying attention to her because he was busy scheming on how to eliminate the villainess.

'But still. What's up with Arundel and Knile?'

She couldn't help but feel envious as she sighs.

'Though I think they're just friends~'

She smiled at the thought.

Her bright orange hair dances with the wind as her eyes sparkle in delight. Everything wasn't in chaos compared to her past life. She wasn't doing anything to create a civil war with the prince.

With a delicate feature, she gazes at her guests and smiled once again.

Right now they were enjoying the tea party presented by her. Five noblewomen settled, each with a satisfied face knowing they were invited by the crown princess herself. They were already planning to boast this afterward.

Greetings and useless discussion meet her as she briefly answered. Her mind started wondering about her previous conversation with the villainess.

She still couldn't forgive herself for being weak in front of her. She doesn't know how to control her feelings when it comes to Knile being brutally honest.

Knile was just expressing her viewpoint and there was no reason to feel offended. She knew Knile's judgment will help her someday but why was she denying it in front of her?

Knile from her past life was also honest and she had endured such hardship to ignore her words but how?

How did the current Knile destroy the barrier that was protecting her from her words? Why did she not ignored it like she usually does?

Was it because it was true?

If it was then she needs to improve herself more. If she will be the Empress, she needs more preparation and emotional strength to overcome all obstacles. She needs to be as smart as Knile when it comes to tactics.

'But why am I thinking of becoming like Knile?'

The heroine sigh and this causes the nobles to ask her if something was wrong. Of course, the kind lady she was, lied.

After she answered, the ladies started talking about rumors, one that includes Knile.

"Still, it was startling how Celestine cried!" The countess with emerald eyes and blond shiny hair stated as she covers her lips with a fan.

"Well, she looks a bit horrified." The heroine conversed. The ladies turn to stare at her with curiosity and doubt.

"As expected of her highness, you are so compassionate!"

"We truly deserved you as our next Empress!"

"I'm pretty sure the people will love your kind nature!"

The ladies applaud which left the heroine speechless.

A blush appeared on her face, enjoying the attention and praises she received. She remembered how this person uses to hate her during Knile's reign.

'The tables have turned.'

'I never knew being complimented by people makes me happy.'

"Though speaking of the crown princess, I wonder what  that lady is doing?"

'lady?'

"Her? I suppose she's crying like her sister since their family is being torn apart!"

'Wait...Knile?!'

"Does she even think of her family? With that face?!"

"No way!"

"So do we all agree that the drama we saw during their birthday was the best!?"

"Yes! I thought of the same thing!"

'Why do they sound like they hate Knile? They were pitying Celestine and was nice towards me... What's going on'

"That family is messed up! Can't wait for it to be continued!"

The heroine was perplexed as she watched her visitors make fun of someone's misery. Her smile slowly drops as she looks at them, wondering why they would think that way.

She couldn't relate since she was raised and taught to be kind and understandable. Nevertheless, she ignored the rumors the nobles were spreading as she slowly brings the teacup to her lips while looking at the calm blue sky.

'Is Knile that bad, people don't like her?'

'She hasn't done anything wrong to me.'

'In fact, she was admirable.'

'The way she solved the conflicts we created back then.'

'And. The way she honestly tells what she thinks even though it could result in the death penalty.'

'If only I can tell her about the past world.'

'Sadly, I cannot share any information towards her because the crown prince said so.'

'He told me not to tell anyone about my past life.'

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Let's start adding spice to the recipe!

(Don't mind me I'm just being weird)