34: A Silent Scream

'Duchess Aira Leyn, one of the people who lead Knile to her demise.'

'House Leyn doesn't participate much politically and doesn't socialize much. The first time she left her estate is because she wants to seek justice for her dead sibling.'

'Compared to the actual story, she only assisted the heroine because the heroine pleaded. The duchess saw potential in her and aided her to cease the war Knile started.'

'Though right now I made it disastrous, then again that's my talent. Fate is truly helping me make things worst.'

'The aftermath of this chaos is what terrifies me.'

'I'm not talking about the execution.'

'I've long accepted that I'm gonna die earlier'

'It's just that once the duchess realized the truth, death isn't enough to satisfy her. She was said to be a sadist and worst, I killed her sister.'

'Haaa.....'

'I didn't even predict her to show herself during the conference..'

'Hell, I didn't even expect the composure duchess Wysteria showed.'

'This just verifies how limited my knowledge is about the social circle or this world.'

'But then again, it was my fault in the first place for I didn't care about the social circle and aristocrats. My ego... It hid that truth.'

'All I know about lady Wysteria is that she's like every other spoiled lady who sacrificed their life for beauty.'

'Ha... I'm tired of thinking and oh look, it's already morning.'

The villainess sigh as she rose and went towards the balcony. Ever since the realization yesterday struck her, she has been thinking thoroughly about her plan.

'Even if I made it disastrous, I should be optimistic since I succeeded as a villainous woman.'

The sun gradually peaks as the light shine over the fields of red flowers. A sudden breeze sweep over her and she shivered. She was just wearing a simple and thin dress. Her jewel red eyes glint while looking at the flowers.

'Why am I even surrounded by stuff that reminds me of death?'

'Are they mocking me?'

A knock soon broke the silence and the villainess was forced to go and opened it.

Her trusted maid entered and notice the dark bags underneath her eyes. Worried, she debated whether to ask what has been bothering her all night. Her reaction after leaving the Palace went noticed by Celestia which made her more troubled.

"It's nothing," Knile spoke as if she had read her thoughts. This sudden answer made Celestia froze in place.

Celestia doesn't know that her expression gives it all.

"Anyways where's the potion?" Hearing her monotone voice unfreezes her as she quickly handed her the container.

"It's getting hard to find those stuff, my lady." The villainess glance at her then gazes back at the bottle.

"Eh? Why is that?"

"The great magician raided the black market with lord Rayll. It was sudden I almost got caught."

'Another event that doesn't belong to the original plot...'

"I'm glad you didn't get caught."

'I can't afford to lost one of my trustful aides.'

'I also can't help but feel comfortable around you, Celestia. You just remind me of someone.'

The villainess didn't notice that she just smiled gently, alarming the maid who was standing beside her.

'Why did she smiled?!' The maid internally thought as she panic. 'Is she planning another tragedy?!'

"By the way Celestia, how many people died as of today?"

"I've counted more than ten during the witch trials. That's thirty-six people in three weeks. I also heard that three hundred people died."

The villainess chuckled as she opened the bottle and swallowed the potion, making her jewel eyes turn to ordinary red ones.

"That's good then."

'Three months of hard work...'

'I'm glad I'm receiving the results I want.'

"How's the church? I'm pretty sure the high priest already knows that they will soon be accused of starting it."

"Indeed, but the high priest keeps insisting that the true monster did appear. He said the goddess showed it through his dreams." The maid responded while Knile keeps observing the sunrise. They both sat on the couch, the villainess not caring about her bad posture of sitting.

"Oh? He must be telling the truth then.." Knile paused as she twirled a strand of her hair. "Anything else to add?"

"I've noticed the townspeople's protest went out of control. The knights are trying their best to avoid violence but sooner-"

"-The knights will use violence no matter what."

'No matter what happens, I'll depart victoriously.'

"Indeed, everything is going as you planned." The white-haired girl praise as she smiled but her eyes look anxious. The villainess notice this and grinned.

"It should be me who's uneasy, not you." She teased and close her eyes. She was trying to make her maid relaxed but she doesn't know she's doing it wrong. More terrified thoughts entered the maid which made her lower lips tremble.

"M-my lady... I can't... I just don't want to see you die.."

She shakily responded as she eventually covered her face with her hands and silently cried. It was too much for her to handle the stress and anxious thoughts that continuously torment her.

She loved her as if she was her real daughter before being reincarnated.

She lost her first daughter through miscarriage and soon got divorced. The same feeling of grief surrounded her when her patient committed suicide. She didn't like how her pain repeats. She was a person who understand and share another person's experience and emotions whether she like it or not. This kind of ability was a blessing and a curse to her.

'I... If your gonna leave me... I don't think I can withstand the pain again...'

She was now sobbing and the villainess felt bad. Not knowing what to say, Knile hugged her tightly. It was something she learned from her psychiatrist. She laid her head on top of Celestia and close her eyes.

"Celestia, pardon me for not knowing how to eradicate the distress your feeling right away."

She tried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I remember not doing anything while my friend cry 👁👄👁.

It makes me feel so ridiculous.