57: The Madness Withiin Them

Celestine calmly looks at him as she stops what she was doing.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Back then when he was injured, Celestine would start running around, ordering everyone to call a doctor. She would always care and cry for him whenever she saw his brother injured.

But now, she wasn't giving him the same attention even though his injury was quite serious.

It stings him.

Why does Knile have to steal everything he had?

The question he always asks himself when he was a kid, resurfaces once more to taunt his mind.

"F-for the second time, I'm not being manipulated." Disappointment crosses her face. Celestine used to look at him happily and with importance. The moment her dissatisfied eyes gazed at him, it made him feel terrified. What's more, it was the same look her mother gave him.

"Is it a shock for all of you to see me murdering people because of Knile whom I hated since childhood?"

(Technically, murder itself is bad.)

Rayll stood motionless while Knile continued laughing.

Celestine clicks her tongue as she swiftly looks back at Knile.

"And you! Stop laughing, you're making your wound worst!"

Rayll imagined that that should be him getting scolded while Knile bites her lips, trying to stop herself from laughing. What could she do? She's enjoying the character development. For Celestine to kill people to stop her execution was incredible yet somehow; sad.

It was incredible people regret things because of their ignorance. After hearing what Celestine said about the past, she now receives a clear picture of Knile's childhood. It was somehow dreadful the real Knile didn't felt her warmth but the fake one did.

"It's funny Celestine. I just can't."

Knile stated as her smile drop and her eyes look dead serious.

"I know..." Celestine answered as she gazed at his sandals covered with red fluid. The sun made the blood sparkled which reminds her of Knile's eyes when she was a child.

"A sorry can't rejuvenate your broken self."

The blood flowing down her neck seems to stop so she went towards the sword. Rayll's crystal sword was covered with nasty substances which she paid no mind to and kneeled to grab; causing her palm to turn red.

"The guilt that haunts me when grandmother spoke of the truth was quite devastating. It almost made me laugh at how ignorant and stupid I was acting."

She rose and walk behind Knile, trying not to stumble on the burned woods and ashes mixed with people's red fluid.

"It doesn't change anything but, I apologize."

Celestine raises the sword and cuts the rope, freeing Knile.

"From the bottom of my awful and wicked heart, I'm sorry for causing you such trouble."

The manipulative and prideful princess of Hyll Reiss kneeled in front of a surprised Knile and even bowed her head. The sun highlighted her hair and her dress was a mess. Her pride seems to crumble as Knile looks at her.

The villainess stayed silent as she thinks of ways on what to do next.

She isn't the real Knile and she didn't experience the real torture and suffering so she was in no place to judge and forgive. However, Knile and her had the same suffering of being abuse by their mother's but the situation and feelings they had still differed.