62: Her Alternative To Death

The sudden light forces Knile to close her eyes.

'We escaped..'

It seems unbelievable for her but they really did succeed. She felt the warm glowing particles evaporate, signaling her they've arrived somewhere unknown.

Relief overtook her as her heart started beating slower. It then disappeared as she remembered her maid.

She glances at Celestia to give her gratitude only to see her figure fall towards the ground. The sound of someone coughing filled the area and Knile quickly help her maid; the maid's head laid on Knile's lap.

"I'm s-sorry." Said the maid between cough. Her two injuries with poison remaining on them started agonizing her. A painful sensation started spreading through her body, her face getting paler by second. Strength slowly left the maid's body, making it harder to move and breathe.

"It's ok!" Reassured Knile as she moved Celestia's hair to the side, uncovering her teary eyes. Ignoring the tears, Knile started looking around them to find help.

The moonlight reflected their surroundings and she saw no one at sight. It was nighttime in that area. Behind them was a dying tree, deserted with leaves and life.

'There might be someone out there to help..'

Dismayed, she started combing Celestia's hair, trying to reassure her everything would be alright but her shaking finger gave it all. Her head keeps darting, hoping someone is near them.

But to no avail, they were in the middle of a dying forest after all. Dried leaves scattered around them and branches creating shadows drive her to panic even more. The thought of being alone in a secluded and unknown forest scared her a bit.

'I can't let her die.... I just can't.'

"Celestia, stay here for a moment. I'm gonna go find help."

Before she could even leave, she was stopped by her maid grabbing her arm. Mustering her energy to speak, she took in deep breathes.

"D-don't waste your e-energy on that."

"Shut up."

Her slight anger managed to affect Celestia. She didn't plan to be met by hostility. She was just trying to help her calm down.

"You promised to kill me."

"But I c-can't. I can't feel anything right n-now. I'm d-dying Knile." Celestia raises her shaking hand and managed to tuck a lock of Knile's greasy and bloody hair behind her ears. "I doubt I can even hold a sword."

"More reasons to go and find help-"

"No," Celestia came to stop as she avoided Knile's piercing gaze. "Y-you should probably l-leave me. The poison already s-spread."

"I can't leave you, I can't. Now quit whining like a child and let me go find assistance before you f*cking die. You promised back then to kill me and I am your f*cking master. Don't you dare defy m-"

"Kyoko."

Hearing the name, Knile's body stops breathing as her eyes widen. The frustration and panic she was feeling vanish just by hearing the name... The skepticism she had back then which was ignored, came true.

Her Amethyst eyes gaze back at her frozen figure with a loving and painful look.

"I can't kill you." She declared harshly as she rubbed her palm on Knile's bleeding cheek. Even raising her arm gives tremendous pain.

" I don't want you to kill yourself. I want you to survive this piece of shit they're throwing at you and after you won, laugh at them. In short, I want you to continue living and irritate whoever put you into this world. Laugh at them, make them regret giving you another chance."