17: Destinies Change

Author's Pov

(This is a summary of what's currently happening. It was supposed to be written from their perspective but I find that hard and boring. I have this thought that if I find the chapter boring, the readers would also get bored.)

The household remained silent and the villainess hasn't awoken yet. Every day was a typical, average day but each of the character's thoughts and emotions started changing to something baffling.

The maid with a deep connection towards the villainess started investigating everything. She became the eyes for the unconscious villainess and observed everything, trying to figure out the pattern. She would stalk some characters and would find their actions out of character. One of them that is greatly suspicious is the heroine. She did meet the target characters every day and made them fall in love with her but why was she trying to find information about the villainess? Why did she concern herself?

The Villainess's twin originally befriended the heroine. Unfortunately, this event didn't happen. They were supposed to meet each other at a tea party held by Celestine but this party didn't occur since she was busy being angry at her father for lying. Lying that Knile will never enter the mansion. She was informed that Knile is currently unconscious and the feeling of betrayal entered her. She causes tons of ruckus around the mansion and almost ordered the maids to throw the villainess out but miserably failed when his brother heard of it.

The sudden exchange of words with her brother consisting of her being at fault made her felt all alone. Her thoughts narrowed down and came to the conclusion of Knile stealing everything from her. She started pitying herself and the maids soon understood it and similarly felt pity.

The Duke heard of it and didn't bother doing anything since he planned to create an environment that will make Celestine emotionally strong. He is tired of seeing her daughter being overly dramatic which is a bit opposite to the original story where the Duke love Celestine so much he doesn't want her to see the real, horrible world. This change of decision happened ever since Rayll confronted him of Celestine having no power to protect herself.

Nonetheless, the Duke hasn't seen Knile for he was busy dealing with the Emperor and other nobles. Nobles tried convincing him to let her two daughters marry especially Knile because it would be hard to find her a pair for she was dump by the prince. This idea unexpectedly made him laugh because his father-in-law informs him to not let Knile marry anyone yet, for unexpected reasons.

Anyways, Rayll and his destined future changed. Instead of falling in love with the heroine, he started spying on her since she sticks too much with his friends. The twin Knights, even the childish magician, it was weird three of his friends keep fighting over her.

The thought of the heroine arranging assassins to kill Knile crosses his mind multiple times but hasn't found any evidence yet.

On top of that, the prince who was supposed to have dinner with the crown princess every day was busy. Rayll was planning on talking with him but to no avail, it was futile. Works and a lot of investigations piled on him one by one, making him ignore Celestine.

He was busy trying to connect the dots and trying to figure out who was the one trying to destroy the dukedom. The imperial family, the heroine... A lot of possibilities entered his mind but he couldn't find any evidence.

The prince, supposedly having the time of his life savoring every minute with the heroine has been doing the opposite. Her words were stuck in his mind and couldn't forget the humiliation he felt that day. He was happy the engagement was annulled but he was also afraid that he would lose support from the previous faction, the Hyll and Reiss faction.