58: Distorted Reality

As soon as Celestia spoke of her last and dying wish, her body moves on its own as she was still in the middle of processing what happened.

Her mind cannot comprehend that Rayll mercilessly killed his own beloved sister.

They were supposed to live happily ever after...

Knile clenches her fist as she ran faster, cautious not to fall and stall time. The villainess struggled to escape because of the dead bodies surrounding the Royal Palace.

Furthermore, she was wearing heels which could easily gave her injury or hurt her ankle. She hated wearing those stuff but the witch who captured Knile made her wear them. She quickly raises her left knee and took off the heels covered with nasty blood. The villainess did the same with her right knee and drop the heels. She was now running on the bloody ground filled with disfigured bodies and she can feel red fluids stick to her feet and organs underneath her feet.

She felt nothing, no sign of disgust seen on her stoic face because her mind was focus on Rayll.

She wants to die easily and possibly painless. Recalling her conversation with Rayll before the execution, she was under the impression of Rayll tormenting and making her agonize before dying.

He was insane enough to get rid of his sister so he must be scheming of everlasting torture towards her. There was no way she'll let that happen. Even with the power of dark magic, fighting him was deemed futile.

"Ha, I'm just gonna run away, find a peaceful place and kill myself." She commanded herself as she quickly glances behind to spot anyone who followed her before entering the forest.

.
.
.
.
.
.

The white knight trembles as he watches his friend stop and threw his blade. Eyes filled with nothing but insanity, Rayll fell on his knees and touch Celestine's pale cheeks. Astley was left confused but soon he's anger overshadowed his confusion.

He rose and started running towards the mourning brother. As soon as he reaches him, he punches him behind the head, trying to make him regain his senses. Before Rayll's head could meet the ground, Astley grab strands of his hair stained red. Astley pulled him and lowered himself to meet his eyes.

He tried finding remorse within his facial expression but failed to do so. Devastated, he aggressively slammed and released Rayll's forehead on a nearly burned wood. He proceeded to kick him in the stomach.

The force release was enough to flip him, making Rayll stare at his infuriated golden eyes. He planned to continue beating him up until he apologize but unfortunately his twin came and restrained him. The black knight twisted and tightly held Astley's arms on his back. He still has the energy to free himself but decided not to because he was mentally and emotionally exhausted.

"Just why?" He gritted his teeth as he lowered his head and avoided his irritating gaze. Nash felt the pain from his words as he gazed at Celestine. She was a childhood friend of them and remembering her was unbearable because his memories were filled with her, worrying about gifts for his brother. Nash used to help Celestine pick gifts for him.

"How could you fuck*ng kill someone you vowed to protect?" His silver hair covered his eyes in an attempt to hide his vulnerable self.

Nash decided to release his twin. Grabbing the strings of his cloak, he untied the knot and covered Celestine with it before averting his gaze at Rayll.

"Surely you have a reasonable answer to his question," Nash asks while glaring.

"I do have," he answered as he wiped the dried blood on his face. "My dear sister was being used by that monster."