25: Confrontation

"What is it?" She asks with a villainous voice as she covers her lips with her long sleeves.

The magician blinks his eyes in surprise as the butterflies started fading, so is his smiles.

"There's something I want to know about you."

Thoughts started taunting the Villainess with the worst-case scenarios but she masks it with a strong and dignified posture. With eyes glinting, she looks down at the magician and silently insulted him to gain confidence.

"And that is?" She asks, eyes glaring.

The magician smirked as his face went closer towards the villainess, eyes filled with mischief with the intent of intimidating her.

"The truth about your failed assassination."

'The truth huh... That's a bit rare. In a world where information is hidden using rumors, you sure are working hard to uncover the truth. What are you? A detective?'

"You are free to ask whatever you want but in exchange, teach me how to properly use magic."

'I'm pretty sure books alone cannot help me. I also need experience.'

" I... You don't care who wants to assassinate you?" The magician asks, brows knitted.

' Is that suppose to be a yes?'

"I don't care that much. If it's my time to die so be it."

Her cruel and uncaring words made the magician uncomfortable as he looks down and squeezed his eyes shut. He never meets someone like her, let alone like how she's treating life as something meaningless.

"I see, that must be why Rayll cared about you that much." He mumbled to himself and still, the Villainess heard. The magician immediately realizes the emotions surrounding the two of them. The villainess, on the other hand, stayed silent as her thoughts consume her.

"Though anyways, I'm here to ask you something. First of all, do you have any ideas who sent those assassins?"

'Can we all just forget that happened?'

"No." Answered the Villainess.

' I want to be straightforward with him and ask why he is meddling in someone's family affairs or problems but I can't. It might deem suspicious and besides, he's gonna teach me magic! Illusion magic to be exact! If I'll perfect the ability to create illusions, I might manipulate someone!'

"What kind of spell did you use to kill them?"

'Eh...come to think of it,'

" I forgot."

The magician raises his eyebrow as he stares at Knile. He can't believe the calculating woman she grows accustomed to will just forget something important.

"You've gotta be kidding me. How can you forgot the events that almost took your life?" He shockingly asks as he appeared inside the room with an angry expression. "Do you not care about your life? For ***** sake, you are in danger!"

'Wth... Control your emotions weirdo.'

Her deadpan expression didn't change, this causes the magician to walk towards her and grab her shoulder. The villainess widens her eyes in surprise as she receives a glare from him. She has frozen in place since both of them were too close for comfort. 

"Life is too precious to be wasted. You should always remember that." He spoke, with dignity.

Those words being said towards her, only made her angry.

'Who the f*CK are you to tell me that?!'

She gazes down and push the magician that she herself hit the wall. Arundel realizes what he did as he apologizes. She stayed quiet and the magician can't figure out what she's thinking or feeling since her eyes were being covered by her black hair and she was facing the floor instead of him. The only thing he knew is that he messed up badly this time.

"Don't you dare force your ideals on me." She whispered, lifting her head. She tilted her head towards the right, making her other eye uncovered. "I understand you treat life as something precious, probably a gift, but not everyone does the same thing. Not everyone has the same idea as you." Her crimson eyes glowed as she spoke those words. The magician uncomfortably looks down in embarrassment as she continued to glare.

' He should've known everyone has different idea on the concept of life. Their ideas depend on how life treated them and that's something the magician hasn't thought of. He speaks as if he went through something hard. He was a magician since birth, his life has been full of prosperity and fame. Everyone loves him ever since they knew he could create the impossible. That's why I think he's still a child who only experiences the good from everyone. He hasn't explored the evil and messed up things in this world. That's also probably why a villainess should be created.'

"I apologize about that. Sorry for that.."

'Ah, you triggered me.'

"Just don't do it next time." She replied as she regains composure and fixes her messy hair. " Anyways, can you continue the questioning?"

"Oh ah.. that? Not to worry that was all I have to ask."

'He's stammering. Let me guess..its the first scolding he received? I hope so then.'

"If it's not a bother, how about visiting the capital? Take it as an apology since what I did was unforgivable." He spoke as he lifts his head.

'I wish....'

"I have to decline."

"Is it about the house arrest?"

"Yes."

"Then not to worry, I can use illusion magic!" His mouth curved into a smile as he raises his hand for the villainess to take.

'Is it ok?'
.
.
.
.

'Nah whatever, leaving the mansion sounds fun. I might as well get some ideas.'

The villainess with a blank look held his hand and the two of them disappeared, leaving a trail of yellow glitter and a butterfly with dark features, resembling her.

On the other side of the door stands the maid who can't stop but smirk.

"That Villainess is up to something again huh?" She asked herself as she entered the room and drop the books on the table.

"Well, let's just hope it's something interesting and won't do any harm to her." She shifted her gaze towards the book and smiled.

(⌐■-■)(⌐■-■)(⌐■-■)(⌐■-■)(⌐■-■)

Tf is wrong with Wattpad.