get to know

"Oh hey, Lucas. I thought you were Henderson." I said, sitting up. "No, no, no. Just lay down. Henderson had some urgent work to do and she bumped into me and told me to give you these." He handed me pills and a glass of water.

   "I got you a chocolate bar too." "Thanks. Oh uh, I have your flannel from last night. It's in my closet." I pointed to the closet. "No, no, just keep it." "Looks good on me doesn't it?" He nodded. I laugh, and it all went silent for a moment.

   "Why are you so nice to me?" I asked him, "Hmm?" He faces me. "Why are you good to me, Lucas? You barely know me, I might be a bad guy." I said. "Yeah but, there's always good in bad, right?" He said. "You shouldn't be this good to me."

   "Why not? Am I annoying you?" He asked. "No, no, you're being very kind and I really appreciate it but..." I paused. "I don't know, you just- you should be too good to a person you barely know." I said.

   "Then, can I get to know you?" He asked. "What?" "If I can only be nice to people I know, then let me get to know you." He sits on the bed, facing me. "I'll listen to your whole story."

   No one has ever heard my entire life story. My past, my life now and everything. Well, I never really had the guts to go all out like that because my life is very private. But then what can I tell Lucas? I can't tell him I'm here to steal his ships information. I guess I'll just say my life when I was a baby until I was 15, when I found out my father had been doing things that I guess was illegal but I didn't think much of it then.

   "But don't you have work? Captain Bridger might need you." I said. "Ehh, it's not a busy day anyhow. C'mon lemme hear it." He said. I smiled and started to explain my childhood.