signing in

The whole time, I was talking to Michael about how nervous I was and what Yale is really like. Until we reached land, I kept asking him a bunch of things. We were in the car, going to the campus.

"So, Yale is actually not that strict?" I asked. "Not at all. They have rules, obviously. But, break them, you won't immediately get expelled. They allow parties as long as it doesn't ruin the place or wreck anything." He said. "I actually broke one rule, once. I had a party and I blasted the music so loud, you could barely hear yourself. And I didn't even know people were having sex at the place!" He said as we laugh. "Wow..." I sigh.

"Don't worry. College is fun, very. It's school but it's not that annoying. Trust me. You'll make great friends there." He said. I smile. I look out the window. "Oh we're here. Right, I'll bring you to sign in and my security will take your luggage." He said. I nodded and got out of the car. I step out and admire the place.

It was just the parking lot, yet it was clean and pretty. I see other students with their cars, bikes, skateboards. It already looks like fun.

Me and Michael went inside and I signed in. They gave me a room and surprisingly, it was near Michaels. I was going to have a roommate. Obviously, a girl.

We got to my room and knocked on the door. It opens.

"Hey Sarah." Said Michael. "Fuck you, Michael. Who's this? Your girl?" Says my - now- roommate. "This is your new roommate, not my girlfriend. Y/n, this is Sarah. We're close friends and I hope you could be close friends too." Said Michael. Sarah pulls out her hand for me to shake. I shook it as she smiles.

"I'm glad you're here, I'm probably going to need you for a lot of things. And you might need me anyway." She said. "Come on in." I look at Michael as he nodd. I went in with my luggage. There was an empty bed for me. I lay my luggage next to it.

"You can go now Michael." Said Sarah as she sits on her bed. "Right, I'll be in room 23 if you need me." He said and shuts the door. I sa down on my -now- bed. "How long have you've known Michael? He's never mentioned you, and let me tell you, he talks about everyone he knows." Says Sarah. "Oh we just met. I work at Seaquest DSV and he was observing." I said.

"Oh wow, you're taking Marine Biology?" She asked. I nodded looking around the room. Her side was filled with posters of the band ABBA and Duran Duran. Another one of her posters was Marilyn Monroe.

She notices me looking at the posters. "You can put someone up your wall too if you want." She said. "Oh, I don't have any." I said. "Well I can print somef or you. What do you like?" "Well, I really like this show called Peaky Blinders." I said, making me think of Lucas'. "Oh, with Cillian Murphy? Yeah I heard that's a good show." She said.

We had a good talk for a few minutes. I could already tell that we'd be good friends.

My new norm is already starting...

(CONTINUED IN BOOK 2)