a weird normal

It's been 5 days since Lucas explained everything to me, and I'm leaving in about 2 more days. Everything is starting to get back to what it usually was. My birthday has passed and I'm officially 17. Lucas seems to be back to normal but I somehow is not. I still feel uncomfortable kissing him at times or hugging him. Calling him nicknames is alright. I just can't shake the feeling off.

•••

"Y/n, why can't you just break up with him? He broke your heart, terribly!" Said Lonnie. "Jesus Lonnie, quiet down, we're in the lunchroom. And why are you so worried about me?" "Oh I'm sorry, it's been stressful and I can't afford to say goodbye to you later." She said. "Aww, I know. I'm gonna miss you very much but we can still vid-link and text." I said. "Yeah I guess. Can't you just break up with him though?"

"Later Lonnie. Imagine if we weren't dating now. I just cut it off. Imagine how awkward that would be. And then I'm going to come back here after 4 years. I can't imagine how that'll be." I said. She sighs. "I guess. Sometimes Y/n, you're too... Mature. I'm probably half the adult you are." She said.

"Yeah well, it's just my way of thinking." I said. Lucas then walked up to us.

"Hey Lonnie, hey baby." He said as he sits next to me and kisses my cheek. "Hey Lucas." Lonnie says, bluntly. "Hey, how are you? Is the Captain still pushy on you?" I asked. "Just a little. I'm used to it I guess." He said. He then looks at Lonnie as she looks slightly mad while looking away.

"What's up with her?" He whispers to me. "Still mad at you." I whisper back. "Oh, okay. I'll just leave you guys. Are we watching tonight? We got a cliffhanger on season 2 of Peaky Blinders" he said. "Yeah sure." I said with a soft smile. He smiles back. "Okay, I'll see you guys later." He said. "Bye." I said. He then walks away.

"My god, that was hard to watch." Lonnie said. "You barely even looked." I said. "That boy needs to learn a lesson." "Well, don't do it when were together. I'll let you do something to him when I'm gone." I said.

"Hey guys, we have a guest that's gonna observe us for a day. And he is fine! And he's a youngster. He's here right now, just only having a talk with the Captain." A co worker said to us. Me and Lonnie looked at each other. "Couldn't hurt but to see him." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Yeah I'd like to have a look." Lonnie replied as we got up.