observer

Me and Lonnie went to the main entrance to see who'll be observing us.

"How come you are very young to have such a big job?" The Captain said to the observer. "Actually I'm not completely a UEO observer. My dad who is supposed to observe all the submarines, is very busy at the moment. I take control when he is so, here I am." The new observer said.

The Captain then looked at the 2 of us. "Ahh, meet Lonnie and Y/n." He said. The Observer pulled his hand out. "Hi nice to meet you, I'm Michael." Said Michael. Lonnie shook his hand first. "Lonnie Henderson, sir." She said. "Oh you an just call me Mike. And you must be Y/n." He said as he turns to me. "Yes nice to meet you." I said, shaking his hand.

"I must say, you look very young to be working here. You look 17." He said. "I am, my birthday was just a few days ago. The Captain gave me a chance to work. I will leave to college for 4 years and then I'll be back with a proper degree." I said. "Ah, what college are you going to?" He asked. "Yale, it's been my dream university." "No way, I'm from there! I'm in my second year." He said.

"Really? Oh wow, I guess I'll be seeing you there." I said. "When will you be going?" He asked. "In 2 days." "Well I'm observing tomorrow and the day after that, I'll be back here to tell everyone the news. Maybe I could get you there since I'm going back to the campus right after." He suggested. "Oh no, I wouldn't want to burden you." I said.

"Oh come on, it'll save you a lot of time. Let me tell you, Yale hates late people." He said. I thought about it. I could just take his offer but I always feel like a burden doing such things. "C'mon, it'll be fun. I'll give you a tour, I'll help you sign in, you could meet some of my friends who could help you. What major did you take?" He asked. "Marine Biology. Science stuff." I said.

"You got lucky because I take that too! C'mon, you're missing out..." He said. I then agreed too. "Alright then, thank you sir." I said. "Mike. Just call me Mike, I'm just as old as you. Just a year at least." He said as we laugh. "Okay well, I'll be talking to the Captain. I'll see you two tomorrow." He said. Me and Lonnie both nodded. He smiled and went with the Captain.

Lonnie looks at me with a huge smirk on her face.

"Wipe that smirk off your face. What is it?"  I said. "New boyfriend..." She whispered. I shut her mouth. "Shut up! Lucas could be hearing us. Also, no. Never. He's here doing his father's job damnit." I said. "I don't know...." She said.