normality

It's been a year since I've worked at Seaquest. And I've never been happier, really. New close friends, new boyfriend, new everything. I'm almost turning 17 and since I finally have enough money to go to my dream college, I will be away for a few years but I still hope that I could vid-link with everyone.

•••

    "Are you kidding? I love the early 2000s! I love Britney Spears, Chad Micheal Murray, lots more." I said. We were all eating lunch, talking like usual. "Nah, I prefer the 80s." Said Piccolo. "Well I like all era's, except the 60s and before that. Just full of rasicm, I'd be tired to handle it." Said Lonnie. "Well I like the 70s. Sidney Poitier in Guess who's coming to dinner? Fantastic!" Said Commander Ford. "You guys don't like the early 1900s? C'mon, that time was when modernity started." Said O'neil. "Well I love the dinosaur era." Said Lucas as we all laugh.

    We all continued to laugh and talk like usual. After lunch, we went back to work. I was in the lab just like before.

    "Boo!" Lucas said as he creeped up behind me. I jumped and playfully slap him on his chest. "Damnit Lucas, don't scare me like that." I saidz gritting my teeth. "Aww, I'm sorry my love, I didn't mean to make you mad." He said, pouting. I rolled my eyes and continued to work. He hugs me from the back and rests his chin on my head.

    "Hey guess what?" He said. I turn to him. "This high tech communications hub wants me to crack some codes. I've been in contact with some of them through messaging." He said. "They're giving me a few bucks for it too." "Well that sounds great! You know the people there?" I asked. "Yeah, we've played some games before." He said.

   "Well, when are you going?" I asked. "Tomorrow morning actually. I'll be staying there for a night or two. I was wondering if you'd come with me, we can have this adventure together." He suggested. "I'd love too, but I have to register for my college. I haven't finished writing a resume yet." I said. "Oh right, I forgot about that."

    "I'll be there to drop you off. I can just look around and I'll be there to pick you up too." I said, putting my hand on his cheek. "Yeah that sounds good. Anyway, wanna watch a movie tonight?" He asked.

   "Actually how about a show? I've been interested in Peaky Blinders lately." I said. He smiled and kissed me. "Anything for you." He then runs off.