small talk

"Dad, I am no longer your tiny little spy for submarines anymore. I'm tired." I said. "But sweetie, you're the best one I've got. Your brother's only good with money and people. Not spying and lying." He said. "Well you're gonna have to hire someone else. I'm done with this job."

"Alright, you're not going to college then." He said. "Oh yes I am, father. I am going to my dream college and I will have real friends and a good education and I will be what I want to be. Not a spy for other submarines." I said. "And where are you going to get the money?" "Well, I could find a job. Seaquest is paying me a decent amount." I said. His eyes widened and fear and shock but went back to normal and evil.

He laughs, subtly. "And you think they're going to accept you after what I tell them? After what I tell everyone in the ballroom, y/n? You're one dumb kid." He said. "I might have gotten that from you." I said. "What did you say young lady?" "Just saying, if I were to be dumb it could never have been from mom. She's a great woman and yet you don't listen to her."

He was fuming. "Young lady you ar-" the door then opened. "Sorry sir but it's about to start." Said the security. He looks back at me and walks out. "We'll finish this later." He said and walks out. I sat down. Feeling quite frustrated.

"Y/n, where are you? It's about to start." My walkie spoke. "Roger that, commander." I said and switched it. I walked and went to the backstage.

"Is everyone in position?" Said Commander Ford. "Yup." I said. The others were too. "Right, Lucas get ready, your turn is first." Said the Commander. "Copy that." Lucas replied. I could hear disappointment in his voice. I felt terrible to do such a thing to him. I hope he'll forgive me after this mission.