the plan

———————————————————
   So my father, the president has sent me to Seaquest Dsv and see what they're doing. So I'm sort of a spy. Still using my name and my original identity. No one knows I'm a Macronesian and is working for them.

   Now I have to do a lot of things secretly and quietly. There's a lot to look at and note.

   I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and saw Lucas.

   "Uh hi, we got something and I think you should have a look." He said. "Oh sure." "Follow me." He said. I close the door behind me as he leads me somewhere.

   "So this is the lab, we look at our marine stuff here. Test things out too." He said, I nodded as I looked around.

   "Ah this is uh, this is Darwin." He said. The dolphin popped out of the water. I started to pet it.

   "He likes you." "Yeah. What does he do here?" I ask. "Oh a lot. He's good help. He helps us with the water temperature and he put a camera on him to check out what's in front or around us." Said Lucas.

   "Oh uh, here. This is what we wanted you to look at. I figured it's an old artefact but it has some writing on it." He said. I get a close look at the artefact.

   "Artefact is right. The writing is in Greek. I'm thinking it's an ancient greek atrefact. Man, I thought we found all of em." I said.

   "Same. There's more here by the way. We can check em' out together?" He said. I chuckle. "Sure." I said as we looked at other artefacts.

   Talking to Lucas wasn't really my intention. I thought it'd be easier to just be a regular worker here but maybe being close with one wouldn't hurt.

• lunchtime •

   I was in my room, trying to practice my french. I heard a knock on the door.

   "Come in!" I said. It opened and it was Lucas again.

   "Sorry to disturb you but you wanna have lunch? It is lunch time and I think you should eat." He said. "Bien sur- I mean, sure. Sorry I was practicing my french." I said. "Cool, I'd love to learn french. It seems like a hard language." He said. "Well once you're used to the basics, it will be simple."

   "Maybe you could teach me?" He smirks. "Yeah yeah, c'mon. Let's go eat." I said getting up and out. I close the door behind me and we go to the lunchroom.

   I guess being friends with Lucas wasn't so bad after all. But I can't be too close, I might say something I shouldn't.

———————————————————