Chapter 44- Hide

"Spence, can we talk about it," Liv asked after they finished watching a movie. They had returned from New York and headed straight home. They had spent all day with each other not mentioning anything at all.

Spencer turned the TV off and rested his chin on her head. "Do whatever you want Liv."

"You told me to be careful. Won't you hate me if it all goes bad."

"I would hate myself more if I stopped you from doing what you thought was right."

Olivia nestled closer into his chest. "I have to work this case," she whispered.

"I know," he softly spoke. "I know."

Over the next few months Spencer and Olivia focus on spending time with each other and preparing for the baby. Olivia works all her cases from Virginia, letting Alice take her trips that require physical representation. Spencer tried to work remotely where he could, occasionally having to jet off with the team.

They move out of their apartment and into a larger house, so that they could accommodate a nursey for the baby.

"Do you think this is enough space?" Spencer panicked out loud. He had sat Olivia down on a chair in the room that would be the nursery, while he attempted to put together the crib.

"Yeah, it's a baby and this house is 8,000 square feet, I think we have enough space."

"So, enough space," Spencer confirmed.

"Yes, how many children are you planning on us having," she giggled.

"I don't know. What do you think?" Spencer threw down the instruction booklet.

"Ummmm. I'm not sure. I'm good with just one. Technically I'm an only child and so are you. We turned out okay, so it can't be that bad." Olivia shrugged her shoulder.

"Whatever you want," he smiled at her. "More of you for me," he laughed.

"Ooo. Greedy," she laughed back.

"We still haven't thought of a name. Garcia keeps biting my head off every time I see her." Spencer complained, frowning as he tried to decipher the instructions.

"Don't laugh but I was kind of hoping we would see our baby's face and it would click, you know."

Spencer tried to suppress his laughter.

"I told you not to laugh," Olivia whined.

"Okay, okay, sorry. But I do think we need a backup. Just in case that doesn't happen." Spencer held up his hands.

"Okay. Clearly you have been thinking about it. What did you have in mind?"

"It is a little difficult since we don't know if our little angel is a boy or a girl."

Olivia dramatically gasped. "Dr Reid are you doubting your prediction?" She clutched her bump as a joke.

Spencer's phone chimed. "Saved by the bell." He jumped up grabbing his phone of the table. "Reid." He followed with a series of yes and uh's. "I have to go in," he scowled. "You going to be okay for a while."

"Yes, I will be fine Spence. We still have three weeks left and the doctor is convinced I will carry to term. Now go." Spencer hesitated. "I will call you if I need anything. The BAU is only 11 minutes and 9 seconds away if you bomb it back here with the sirens on."

"I love that you know that." Spencer chuckled and kissed Olivia.

"And I love you. Now go. The quicker you go the quicker you can come back."