Chapter 20- Okay dad

The pair had fallen asleep after their session.

Suddenly Olivia shot up in the bed, beads of sweat forming around her hairline. She panted. Looking over to her right she saw Spencer asleep, with his arm draped over her. She tried to push her bad dream out of her mind. She didn't want to relive it.

Olivia picked up his arm and placed it on the bed, careful not to disturb him. She tiptoed out of the room, closing the door precariously. As soon as it was closed her shoulders drooped with a sigh. She creeped down the stairs, turning on a lamp to illuminate her path.

Olivia padded into the kitchen, filling a glass of water and taking large gulps, before she settled wandered over to the window. She sat on the window seat, pulling her legs close to her chest and resting her head against the cool windowpane. She watched rain droplets trickle down the glass. She basks in the silence inside the apartment. Outside the sun had begun to rise.

She looked around for her phone, seeing her bag on the coffee table. She hopped of the window bay and scrounged around her bag until she found it. She scrolled through her contact list until she found the number she was looking for.

Olivia heard the dial tone and patiently waited. After six rings she was ready to disconnect it when she heard the receiver pick up. "Olivia?" The voice croaked with weariness.

"Yeah. Sorry for calling so early dad."

"Is everything okay?" Her father was more alert.

"Hmmm. I just wanted to hear you voice daddy." She felt her eyes twitching as the salt water brimmed.

"You can call me anytime sweetie." Her dad sighed. "Livi, you would tell me if something was bothering you right?"

"Yes," she lied.

"Olivia, you may be an amazing lawyer, but you can't lie to me. Your voice changes the same way your mothers did.

"I don't want to talk about her dad."

"I know darling. What I mean is, you can tell me whenever you want. I'll be here."

"Thanks Professor." She teased.

"I love you, Livi."

"I love you dad. I miss you." Tears began silently plummeting from her eyes. She sat still with the phone pressed to her ear.

"Olivia?" Her dad pleaded.

"hm humm."

"I'm in the Hamptons," he hinted.

She weighed her options silently. "Okay," she whispered, wiping her tears away. "Bye dad." She ended the call and dropped the phone in her laps. She rested her head back against the window. She hadn't noticed Spencer standing outside the bedroom door, on the landing.

He had woken up and found Olivia's side of the bed vacant. He stumbled out of bed and stepped out of the room ready to call out to her. That's when he saw her. Tears running down her face. No sound escaped his mouth. She held the phone to her ear with a trembling hand. With every blink more tears fell. He didn't know what to do. He found himself retreating back into the room, back pressed against the wall and sliding to the ground.