Chapter 30- Dessert?

Olivia and Spencer followed Luke and Penelope into Rossi's kitchen.

"Ahhh my children, you have arrived," Rossi joked with his arms wide open. Rossi welcomed Penelope with a kiss on the cheek, he shook Luke's hand and patted Spencer on the back. "Ah cara, it's been so long." Rossi took Olivia into a gentle embrace. It warmed Olivia's heart when he called her by Italian terms of endearment.

"Too long," she beamed back. "You don't know how long I've been craving fresh pasta at la casa di Rossi."

"Well, you have come to the right place." Rossi clapped his hands together. "Let's start rolling the pasta." Rossi pointed to the kitchen counter, where everyone else was standing, drinking wine and chatting.

Luke, Penelope, Spencer and Olivia joined the other's saying hello to them.

Krystal handed out wine glasses to the newcomers, while greeting each of them.

When she arrived at Olivia, she handed her a glass too.

"Oh no. I'm just going to have water if that's okay." Olivia waved her hand to refuse the offer."

"You're missing out," Krystal replied and took a sip form the glass herself instead.

"Alcohol is not good for headache's," Spencer interjected. He didn't need to. No one suspected anything was amiss. They knew that both Olivia and Spencer were not big drinkers.

"Yeah, maybe skip that then. You gave us a massive scare that day you were in the hospital." Matt animatedly shook his head with a laugh.

"Are you feeling better now," Kirsty asked her voice soft.

"Much better," Olivia reassured her.

Tara peaked up, "Olivia I heard you're on the Constantine case." Olivia was grateful that Tara had changed the topic.

"You heard correctly. Do I wany to know how you found out?"

"I'm sucker for case with an insanity plea. It was only a matter of time." Tara giggled, proudly.

Rossi cleared his throat. "Right one by one let's roll the pasta. Penelope and Luke, you two can go first."

Penelope excitedly scuttled to the machine. Luke stood back letting her take charge.

Olivia laughed, watching Penelope attempt to roll the pasta, while argue with Luke for not helping. Flour was flying around in the air. That's when the space that Penelope had cleared beside her was filled.

"Hi," Will said to her.

Olivia turned her head slowly and smiled at Will. "Hi."

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Olivia nodded in response. "I was actually hoping I could talk to you. I would have called but I didn't want to burden you if you didn't feel good."

"No, it's fine. Of course, we can talk." Olivia reassured him; her eyes fixed on the commotion Penelope was causing.

Will opened his mouth to say something but stopped. Olivia observed him and saw that he was watching JJ enter the room. Will took a large sip of his wine. JJ greeted Penelope and Luke, touching their backs as she walked past them. She said hello to Spencer, but completely blanked Olivia.

Olivia let it slide, but Spencer and Will noticed. Both of them frowned, disapprovingly.

Rossi instructed everyone on how to make their pasta. Before they knew it, all if them were sat at the dinner table with mountains of food in front of them.

When Olivia was done, she sat back in her seat. Her stomach full.

"Not hungry anymore," Spencer teased.

Olivia blew out a puff of air to indicate that she was full.

"Who wants dessert?" Krystal asked. "We have Semifreddo and Cannoli's."

Olivia's hand shot up.

"Didn't you just say you were full." Spencer joked.

"Spence, dessert has a separate stomach."

"Anatomically that's not true, but I completely agree." Spencer motioned to the table. "Rossi's, Cannoli's for us."

Olivia laughed at Spencer's reaction.

"You got it Reid."

Spencer shuffled his chair closer to Olivia's. He discreetly placed his hand on Olivia's stomach. "You know several sources have cited expectant mothers that crave sweet things are carrying girls." Spencers kept his voice low.

"I always crave sweet foods. Even when I wasn't pregnant," she quietly replied back. Olivia looked up and saw that JJ was scrutinising their every move.

After dessert, they all retired to the garden and sat around a fire.

"I'm going to go get your coat. I don't want you to get a cold," Spencer stated.

Olivia grabbed his hand. "I'm okay."

Spencer stared at her pointedly. He wasn't going to take no for an answer. He squeezed her hand and disappeared him into the house.

Olivia spoke with Tara and Will about her case, until Tara got up for a refill.

"You want anything," Tara asked as she passed Will.

"No, I'm good." Will watched Tara walk away. "How are things with Spencer?"

"Good, actually."

"You sound surprised," Will asked.

"I guess I am. For a while there I didn't think it was going to be."

"I'm glad you worked it out."

"Me too. Me too," she whispered under her breath. "What about you and JJ?"

Will pursed his lips.

You're still together. That's got to mean something," Olivia suggested.

"I guess." Will didn't seem convinced.

"Can I say something. Candidly." Olivia rested her elbows on her knees.

"Yes."

"JJ still loves you. And I know that you still love her, that's why you're finding it so difficult to decide. I honestly think that you can both work this out if you want to. Do you want to?" She asked.

Will nodded.

"You can both do it. For you two. For the boys. But promise me that if it gets toxic you will leave. The boys deserve better than that." Olivia voice bolstered in support.

Just then JJ arrived before them in a flurry. Her breathing was deep and laboured as rage coursed through her veins.