Chapter 23- Where?

It was 10pm by the time Olivia decided to finally go home.

She rubbed the crick in her neck as she entered the dark apartment. She dropped her things on the counter and opened the fridge. She stared into it hoping something would call for her to eat it. She had no such luck. She grabbed a water bottle instead and opened the lid, bumping the fridge closed with her hip.

She yelped, spilling some of the water, when she saw Spencer behind standing next to the fridge.

"Shit. You scared me." Olivia's hand instinctively went to her chest. She could feel her heart beating rapidly.

"It's late. You shouldn't be working so hard. You admitted the hospital less than 24 hours ago."

"I'm fine," she muttered.

"I thought you were only meeting some clients and coming back."

"I got caught up in work," she brushed him off.

"Did you at least eat dinner?" He asked

"Not yet."

"Liv..."

She smacked the bottle on the counter. "Spencer, can you drop it please."

"Liv, what's going on?"

"Spencer." She sighed.

"No, I want to know." He stood his ground, blocking the oath out of the kitchen.

"My god, you are so persistent today." She pushed past him, leaving the kitchen.

"Olivia!"

She stopped and whipped back around to look at him. "You want to know so bad. Fine. I finished my meetings with my clients and came home. But I didn't even make it to the front door. You want to know why. Because you were professing you love to JJ. Guess what Dr Reid you failed the test." She held tried not to blink knowing that tears would fall. She knew he had nothing to say. She stepped away from him in defeat. "You know I realised today, that I told you why I married you. But you never answered me." She swallowed painfully. "So, what was it? You settled." She accused. "You know how that makes me feel. One thing I always admired about you was that you were honest and unapologetically yourself. If people thought you were weird or annoying you didn't care. That's gone now. I'd rather know upfront if you want to leave me, because I already told you that I don't have the strength to leave you." Hurt seeped into her voice causing it to crack.

She left Spencer standing and went into the bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She returned ten minutes later with a packed bag.

"Where are you going?" Spencer grumbled.

"Away," she replied. "Isn't that what you want? Would make it much easier for you."

"Where?" He repeated.

She paused in the doorway. "To someone who doesn't pretend to love me. To visit my dad." She closed the door and left.