Chapter 27- News at the Orchard

Spencer drove Olivia to the Orchard to meet her father and stepmom for dinner.

When they arrived, Spencer hopped out the car and rush around to Olivia's side of the car, pulling open the door before she could reach for the handle.

"Oh, thank you." Olivia winced when a rowdy group walked past them.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asked, rubbing her arms softly.

"Yeah."

"Migraine?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure you want to carry on. We can always go back."

"No. No. I'm fine. I'll be fine."

"If, you are sure."

"I am," she reassured, taking his hand. The pair walked hand in hand to the host's table.

"Professor Mann." Spencer told the host.

"Yes Sir. Ma'am. Right this way." The host walked them to a table in the lit orchard, where Olivia's father and mother were already seated, sipping on red wine.

"You made it. I thought you to has bailed on us," Professor Mann joked.

"We would never skip dinner with you two," Spencer chuckled, holding out a chair for Olivia.

"Dad, we are right on time. Why would you think we bailed? Punctuality is Spencer's thing." Olivia deadpanned.

"Oh, we know. He arrived at the wedding five hours before it was supposed to start. The planners were still doing the flowers and Spencer was sat on a table reading. It's a wonder if he slept at all," Camilla pondered.

"I didn't," Spencer stated.

"We have picture at the apartment of that." Olivia imagined the picture in her mind.

A waiter walked over with another bottle of wine and offered it around the table. He topped up Camilla and Professor Mann's glasses. He was ready to pour into Spencer glass when Spencer covered his glass. "No, we're both good thank you. Can we just get water please? A big glass for her."

"Always the sensible pair. You guys are here to enjoy yourselves. Have some. They pair it to complement each course." Camilla encouraged. Professor Mann remained silent glancing between Spencer and Olivia.

"Liv was saying that she had a bit of a migraine earlier. Alcohol will just dehydrate her even more and probably make it worse." He made an excuse for them both. He wanted Olivia to tell them in her own time. Spencer's hand to travelled to Olivia's leg under the table.

Professor Mann frowned. "I thought they were under control."

"It's okay dad. I'm fine. I spoke to a doctor they told me to just keep up my fluids and electrolytes. It's just a little imbalance that aggravated them." Olivia rested her hand on top of Spencer's.

"Imbalance?" Camilla questioned.

Olivia cleared her throat. "Ermmm yeah. A hormonal imbalance acted as a stressor." Camilla cocked her head as she thought about it. "I had a CT everything came up clear. The inflammation has subsided." Olivia didn't want to give Camilla the opportunity to think into it too much. "There was actually something else too." Olivia rested both her elbows on the table and took a large swig of her water. She glanced at Spencer, he provided her with an encouraging nod. Then he took her hand on top of the table. His thumb gently brushing her skin. She kept fixated on Spencer as she told them the news. "I'm pregnant." Olivia sounded unsure at her own words.

"Wow... Congratulations." Professor Mann spoke first. "Wow. It makes sense now. What you said that first night. You two will make wonderful parents. I already know that." He stood up, giving Olivia a tight squeeze. Camilla rounded the table to Spencer and gave him a hug and congratulation with huge grin on her face.

Then Olivia's father released Olivia and shook Spencer's hand. Camilla embraced Olivia, kissing her on the cheek. "I knew you looked radiant." Her gaze fell to Olivia's stomach. It wasn't visible yet. 'I can't believe that's my little grandbaby in there," she announced excitedly. "How long?"

"Almost fourteen weeks now." Spencer answered.

"Fourteen weeks!!!" Camilla and Professor Mann gasped.

"You kept it a secret for fourteen weeks." Professor Mann was flabbergasted and a little hurt to be quite truthful.

"We only found just less than a week ago," Olivia specified. "We weren't actively trying so... umm.. it was a bit a shook when the doctor told us. You're the first people we told."

"Well, these things happen for a reason," Camilla perked up. "I'm sure there is a reason why this baby is timed this way."

Olivia registered her words. She hadn't thought about it like that. Was it such a coincidence that her and Spencer were going through the rockiest time they had faced and then the baby news came along?

"Tomorrow we should..." Camilla went on.

"Actually, I think we are actually going to head back to Virginia."

"Both of you?" Professor Mann asked.

"Yup."

"Spencer just got here," Camilla stated.

"Well, we told you. We have more parents to tell," Olivia clarified. She patted Spencer's thigh under the table.