Chapter 11- Shower

Olivia shut down her computer after speaking with Spencer. It felt like her neck had a cramp from sitting staring at the screen for so long. Her apartment fell into darkness. She padded through the apartment, checking the deadbolt and switching off the lights. She dragged her feet up the stairs to the bedroom.

Swinging the door open she stepped inside and was awash with pain as soon as did. She couldn't bring herself to look at the bed. Spencer had tidied the room to conceal the evidence what had happened there. But it wasn't enough. The room felt wrong. Olivia rushed to closet, snatched up her pyjamas and ran through to the bathroom. She slammed the door closed behind her, breathlessly leaning against the door.

She feverishly scrambled around the bathroom throwing off her rings and jewellery. She slammed her hands down on either side of the basin, panting, avoiding the mirror. Then she agitatedly ripped her clothes off, as if she was suffocating. She kicked them aside turning on the shower. She allowed the steam to build up, fogging up the entire bathroom. Stepping inside, the scolding water trickled down her skin. She stood inanimate, the water searing her skin. She slid down against the shower glass until she was sat on the shower floor. As the water fell over her, tears trickled from her eyes. She wrapped her arms around her legs, hugging them closer to her chest. Even though the water was scalding, she shivered.

Olivia had been suppressing her feelings. She had thrown herself into her work to get her mind off everything.

In that moment her mind wandered. She couldn't lie to herself that she hadn't considered leaving Spencer that day. She was known to have a strong personality. She had always thought that if someone betrayed her, she would cut them off in heartbeat. What she had never considered was that Spencer would be the one to hurt her. That's why she couldn't bring herself to confront what happened.

She thought back to when Spencer had planned a stargazing picnic. They had both been tired after a long day of work, but the moonlight picnic gave them both a second burst of energy. They were chatting and laughing, sitting up on the roof of Spencer's apartment building, when suddenly the rain came thrashing down. Spencer scrambled to gather everything together as the rain beat down. Olivia laughed, as he panicked that the surprise, he had for her, was ruined. She stood him off the blanket and laced her fingers through his wet hair.

"Spencer don't worry. This was perfect. Your perfect." She placed kiss on his cheek. They were soaked through. Water dripped from their eyelashes as they stared at each other.

Spencer smiled back at her. "Let's get inside before you catch a cold."

Olivia helped Spencer gather the remaining items and they headed back to his apartment. They chucked their soaking thing on the table. And on cue Olivia sneezed.

"Uh oh." Spencer peered at Olivia, in concern.

'I'm fine Spencer." Olivia tried to reassure him.

"I'm going to make you ginger and lemon tea." She scrunched her nose at his comment. "Liv don't make that face. It will help. There has been research that shows that using..." His rambling is cut short by Olivia sneezing four times in a row. "Okay, you need to get out of those wet clothes." He took Olivia by the hand and pulled her towards his bedroom. He handed her a towel. "Shower. I'll find you something to wear."

"Spencer, seriously I'm good." Spencer looked at her disappointed. He nudged her towards the bathroom.

"Olivia. I am not going to take no for an answer. Go."

"Woah, did you just call me Olivia. I feel like I'm getting told off." She teased.

"Then listen."