Chapter 22- Disappointment

Spencer arrived back at the apartment after visiting his mother and found it unoccupied. He checked his phone to see if Olivia had messaged him, like she normally would, but he had no notifications from Olivia. Instead, he had a string of messages from JJ.

Hey Spence, can we talk?

Please stop ignoring me.

This is important.

WE NEED TO TALK!!!

Spencer sighed and called JJ. She answered after one ring.

"Spence."

"Yeah JJ."

"We need to talk, like now. Where are you?"

"At home."

"Alone?"

"Yes."

"I'm coming over."

"But JJ..." JJ hung up before he could finish.

20 minutes passed by and Spencer hear a rap at the door. He opened the door and JJ was standing outside.

"JJ this really isn't a good time." Spencer leaned against the door frame.

"I'm not going to take much time. I need you to answer one question Spencer."

"What is it JJ?"

"Do you love me?"

"JJ, what is this?"

"Just answer the question, Spence?"

"Why are you making this so difficult?" She fidgets in agitation.

"Spence?" She prods.

Down the corridor the elevator dings and Olivia walked out, engrossed in her emails until she saw JJ standing at her door. JJ and Spencer didn't notice her.

"JJ, why are we still talking about this? Why is it so important for you to hear it?"

"Spence," JJ warned.

"Fine JJ. Yes, I love you. I have been in love with you for seventeen years. From the moment I met you, you made me feel different. Almost special. You made my logical mind illogical, and I didn't care."

Olivia closed her eyes in disappointment and stepped back into the elevator. She couldn't bear to hear where this conversation was headed.

"I would have given anything to be with you. The thing is JJ. It doesn't matter. That's all in the past. I have already found the person who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. And it's not you JJ. It's Liv. We may not be perfect. But she is perfect for me. Even if you don't think so. I asked her to be my wife. I made her Mrs Olivia Reid. Now I have to take care of my responsibilities. I'm sorry if that's hard for you to hear." He glanced at JJ. "I think it's best if you leave now."

JJ provided a false smile, turned on her heel and left.