Chapter 38- I wasn't asking

The team rushed into the field office. Emily introduced the team and highlighted the urgency of the matter.

"I hope you can understand our urgency, so we are going to skip the pleasantries," Rossi apologised as he shook the agent's hand.

"No problem. I'm SSA Ward. I have been handling the case so far. Follow me we have a room set up for you all and then we can bring you up to speed."

They all nodded gratefully and marched after him.

SSA Ward showed them into a room and asked if anyone wanted a coffee.

"What did you find?" Spencer snapped, as he paced the room.

SSA Ward was taken aback.

Tara intervened. "It's just that we would like to get a head start. We have already missed out on a lot of valuable time."

"Of course," the Ward agreed. "Agents investigated the hotel room of Attorney Reid. She arrived back at the hotel at 6pm with her legal assistant Alice. Alice left for diner at 7pm. She is the last known person to have physically interacted with Olivia. At 8:33pm she placed a room service order. She did not answer her door for room service at 9:01pm. Her hotel room did show signs of a struggle of some description. Forensics are investigating that as we speak. We have checked CCTV. All CCTV in the area was taken offline from 8:50pm for 10 minutes."

"Why did room service not check the room?" Matt asked.

"It's against hotel policy. They value privacy. Room service knocked three times and called the room. She did not answer. They left her alone."

"When did you check the room?" Luke questioned.

"Agent Prentiss called in just around midnight. Withing twenty minutes Agents were down at the hotel."

"I want to see it," Spencer cleared his throat.

"Reid, I don't think..."

"I wasn't asking Emily."

"Okay Simmons, go with Reid to the hotel. We'll call Garcia to send over CCTV and carry-on scanning signals in the area. Rossi and JJ will talk with Alice. Luke and I will stay here and comb through the CCTV that Garcia compiles. We also need to be ready for that call that Dr Reid might be reviving this evening at six. Agent Ward would it be possible for you to set up a secure room to deal with that."

They all nodded and dispersed.