Chapter 16- The bar

A few weeks passed by.

Everything between Spencer and Olivia seemed to be improving., but under the surface chaos was still yet to ensue.

One evening, Spencer was sat on the couch reading. Olivia bustled in through the door, lugging two boxes in with her.

"That is the 8th case you've taken on in the last three day," Spencer tutted. "Why are you taking on so many cases."

"It's work, Spencer you know how it is." Spencer frowned at her response, remember in the growing pile of case files on Olivia' side of the office. He was ready to respond when his phone rang. "Reid," he answered, eyes still fixed on an exhausted Olivia. "Hey Garcia, yeah I'm good. Yeah, alright. See you then." He ended the call. He wandered over to Olivia, helping her with the boxes. "The team are going out tonight."

"Okay," she responded.

"Err... do you want to come?"

"Oh umm... are Krystal, Will and Kristy going?"

"I don't think so?" He shook his head.

"Then it doesn't really seem like my place either. It's a team thing go be with your team."

That's how Spencer found himself wedged between Emily and Rossi.

Rossi nudged Spencer. "Have you accepted?"

"Still working on it," Spencer informed him.

"Accepted what?" Emily asked

"Some mistakes I've made." As he said those word the entire table fell silent, registering his words. JJ flinched.

"You haven't done anything wrong, Reid. Whatever it is, can't be that bad?" Luke leaned over ruffling Spencer's hair.

"Why do I feel so bad then?" He clicked his knuckles. "If I asked you guys something, you would be honest with me, right?"

Penelope gasped. Tara leaned forward across the table in intrigue. JJ sunk further back in her seat. Matt nodded. Emily, Rossi and Luke maintained their stances.

"Brutally honest is my middle name," Tara joked.

"Would you tell me if you thought I was making a mistake?" He asked.

"Of course, we would," Emily answered for everyone.

"Why is it that no one mentioned to me before that me and Liv are too different?"

The team shifted uncomfortably.

"Opposites attract," Luke claimed. "Just because you are different, doesn't mean we should interfere."

"So, it is true you all thought that?" Spencer leaned back in his seat, gaping at his friends. They didn't react. "You know we aren't that different."

JJ scoffed.

"We're not," Spencer insisted. "If we were, we wouldn't be okay, but we are."

"You know what I think?" JJ perked up. "We did try to tell you, but you ignored us." Emily squeezed JJ's hand to simmer her.

"No Emily it's fine. May as well let it out now." Spencer probed. "How long have you felt like this?" He directed his question to Rossi now.

"Reid, I can't tell what to feel. You and Olivia work somehow. Why would I object to that?"

"I don't think everyone agrees with your sentiment Rossi." Spencer sighed in discontent. Spencer glanced at his phone that he had placed om the table. He was surprised to see multiple missed calls. He reached for it just as it rang again. "Hello."

"Dr Reid, it's Alice."

"Alice? Are you calling from Liv's phone?" He looked back down at the caller ID.

"Dr Reid, I'm at Quantico General Hospital with Olivia."

"What? Wha...What happened?" The team followed Spencer's frantic movements as he got up from his seat, knocking table as he did.

"We were going over some case notes, and she didn't look to good. She hadn't eaten much either. She said her migraines were back. I think maybe she hadn't recovered from before when she had to leave New York early. She collapsed. I called 911 and they took her in. She told me not to bother you, but that was before she got worse. The doctors need consent for some investigative tests and you're next of kin. How quickly can you get here?"

"I'm on my way now. Right now." Spencer pushed his chair out and grabbed his jacket form the back of his chair. "I have to go," he called out to the team.

"Is everything alright, Reid?" Rossi asked, deeply concerned.

"Olivia is in the hospital." Spencer panicked.

"Reid, you didn't bring a car. I'll drive you. I didn't drink," Matt offered.

"Thank you." Spencer rushed out of the bar.