Chapter 49

Kara puts on her new Superwoman suit that her wife had made for her years ago. The suit itself looks much like her regular Superwoman pants suit, with the various enhancements that Lena made for her throughout the years built into the suit. The only real noticeable difference between this suit and Kara's previous ones, is that the seams of the suit are golden, instead of being blue and blending in with the rest of the suit. The seams are not golden for aesthetical design reasons however, as this is where the micro yellow sun lamps are built into the suit.

As soon as Kara puts the suit on, she feels powers surging through her veins and every part of her body. Kara can feel the yellow sun lamps inside the suit using the stored energy within the suit to expose her to the yellow sun rays, levelling up her powers to much higher levels than she has ever experienced before. As Kara wears the suit, the golden seams emit a golden glow of the sunlight, coming from within the suit.

Once Kara has put on the suit, and spent a moment just experiencing the feeling of the new powers flooding through her veins, she quickly takes off out of the Fortress of Solitude, and into the skies. Kara flies higher and higher into the air, going as fast as possible, just testing how enhanced her powers truly are. Kara just feels so incredibly strong, like nothing can stop her, and she knows that she hasn't even used Lena's enhanced drug that will increase her powers even further. A big part of Kara is very much looking forward to using the drug, as she will finally be able to die once the drug fades from her body, something that she wants to do now more than ever, after watching the almost complete destruction of Earth, as well as the second death of Lena, and the death of Keiran. But Kara knows that she can't die until she gets revenge on the man who has brought so much hurt into her heart, into her life. Kara is going to kill Darkseid, and she doesn't even question it. In fact, Kara doesn't just want to kill Darkseid, she wants to revel in it, toy with him, make him feel the pain that she feels. As Kara can't make him feel the emotional pain that she feels, she will just have to make him feel physical pain as an alternative.

As Kara just flies about, testing her new suit, and her enhanced powers, she feels somewhat peaceful, despite everything that is going on, and all the chaos that Kara can still hear ringing across the planet. Kara feels this way because as she wears the suit, it feels like one last gift from her dearly loved wife, and when she wears it, it feels like Lena is wrapping Kara completely in a big hug. Kara thinks how every single fibre of the suit was made by her wife, and every part of the suit that is touching her skin was also touched by Lena.

After a good 5 minutes, Kara eventually settles down in National City, outside the L-Corp building. The city is eerily quiet, with it looking like many of Darkseid's Parademons have retreated back to his ship, not that they have really retreated. Kara knows that Darkseid isn't finished with Earth, he is probably just using all the elements, and Lena's research, to piece together everything he needs to create the anti-life equation. While Darkseid is doing that, he has probably called most of his army back to protect him, as Kara is sure he probably doesn't want anyone to get in his way while he is so close to achieving his monstrous goal.

Kara flies back through the holes in the pavement, all the way down to the server room where Keiran's body lays. As Kara approaches her beautiful daughter, her child that reminds her of her wife, in both looks and personality, so much, she sheds many tears. Kara wishes beyond anything that she could have found this suit sooner, just so she would have been maybe powerful enough to either stop Darkseid earlier, or at the very least, save Keiran. But Kara knows she can't dwell on that. Lena made this suit for it to be used in case of extreme emergencies, as a last resort type of thing, so of course Kara understands why protocols that Lena had put in place at the Fortress had only been activated now. But even so, it doesn't make this any easier for Kara.