Chapter 28

It's 2025, 2 years after the birth of Oliver and Keiran.

"Mama, Oliver won't let me play with him!" Keiran moans as she goes running towards Lena in their apartment living room.

Over the last few years the apartment has changed slightly. It is now filled with even more color and children's toys thrown about everywhere. There of course is a few child protection devices on some of the draws that contain knives etc. Just like regular parents, Kara and Lena had to be careful about exposing their children to dangerous stuff like knives as neither of their children had developed their powers yet. Not that Kara and Lena were surprised by that. Clark didn't get his powers until he was about 10 years old, with Lois and Clark's boys not developing them until they were 13 and 15 respectively. The scientist in Lena however made sure to check their children to make sure they didn't have powers yet, every month or so.

Lena turns to look at her daughter. She is currently sitting in the living room on the couch typing away on her laptop. Today was her turn to pick both of their kids up from pre-school. So Lena was the one home early with the children.

"Keiran you can't force someone to play with you if they don't want to." Lena says to her daughter.

Keiran lets out a huff in frustration.

"But I wanna play!!" Keiran moans, "Will you play with me, mama?"

Lena smiles down at her daughter.

"Of course darling. Just give me a few moments to finish off my report." Lena says.

"Yay!! I'm a get the coloring pencils!" Keiran says excitedly.

"Okay love." Lena smiles.

Keiran goes running off in the direction of her bedroom. The way Kara and Lena designed their apartment over 3 years ago they had a lot of empty rooms left to do things with. Before Keiran and Oliver were born they used one of their empty rooms downstairs to change into a nursery for their children to share. As their two kids grew Kara and Lena decided to give them each their own bedrooms downstairs. Lena and Kara decided to have their bedrooms downstairs rather than upstairs near their own bedroom because they didn't want either of their children to be disturbed during the night if they made some noise while having sex. Then at the same time Lena's lab was upstairs, and while it was very secure, Lena and Kara didn't like the idea of Keiran or Oliver getting too close to it. All Keiran and Oliver were told was that the only rooms they were allowed in upstairs were their moms' bedroom and Kara and Lena's shared office. The children thankfully respected being told this.

Lena continues to finish up some of her reports for Luthor Corp. She doesn't necessarily have to finish the reports this afternoon, but Lena needs to get ahead because tomorrow she will be heading into CatCo and making a big announcement for the future of the company. An announcement she hasn't even told Kara about. Lena has in fact told a lot of other people what the announcement is, all to prepare for the next day, even so, she doesn't like keeping it from Kara.

As Lena is typing she hears footsteps next to her again. She presumes Keiran has come back, ready to play. To Lena's surprise it is Oliver with an innocent smile on his face.

"Hey honey. What's up?" Lena asks.

"I'm hungry!" Oliver says.

Lena rolls her eyes. Both of their children have Kara's appetite.

"You can eat an apple if you want." Lena suggests.

"Yuck no! I want something else!" Oliver moans.

"Well you'll have to wait for dinner then." Lena says.

"No fair! I want food now!" Oliver moans again.