𝐋𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐋𝐲𝐧 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓]

Alec walked through the Brocelind forest in Idris. It was nothing but trees and darkness surrounding him. He looked around, trying to see through the endless black, but there was nothing to be seen.

He carried on strolling nervously beside the trees, his arms skimming branches as he trod aimlessly thorough, which felt like, the endless amount of trees.

Alec had finally reached light. Stood in front of him was lake Lyn. The beautiful waters of Idris, glittering in his presence. The water may have looked beautiful, but just swallowing some of the water would make you hallucinate and could be very dangerous. For that very reason, Alec decided against going into the water.

He strolled around the edge of the lake, but stopped when he realised he had bumped into something.
"Sorry." Alec said almost immediately. He didn't turn straight away to see who was standing there, or what was standing there. He was more focused on the scrapes on his arms.

When Alec turned his head up, his heart began to thud in his chest faster, his feet became as heavy as concrete.
"Hello son." Said the man stood in front of Alec.
"What are you doing here dad?" Alec asked surprised.
"I've come to congratulate you." He said patting Alec on the back.
"Um, for what?" He asked, still confused at the whole situation.
"On the wedding to Magnus." Robert said with a smile.

Wait, did my dad just congratulate me on marrying Magnus Alec thought, now completely confused.
"I thought you hated him and me being gay and marrying a downworlder." Alec reminded him, one of his eye brows raised in confusion.
"What?" Said Robert, "when did I ever hate Magnus?"
Alec stood there in complete shock, he thought he should be happy that his father was proud of him, but instead he was afraid of how nice Robert was behind. Alec had major trust issues and never trusted anybody easily, once he'd been broken by Robert, he built secure walls around him and never let Robert break them down, but now Alec was completely confused, he wasn't sure why his father was happy and he was afraid to accept it.

Alec looked to the hand still on his shoulder. Now Alec had the chance, he wanted to ask his father questions, as he'd been dead.
"Dad, I need to ask you something." Alec said.
Robert didn't reply. A small smile began to appear on Roberts face, it wasn't a warm and welcoming smile, it was a sinister, evil smirk.

The world around Alec began to turn black. The endless darkness from the forest eating the two of them up. Robert didn't take his sinister glare off of Alec as the darkness closed in on them.

Alec closed his eyes so that he would feel more secure, as he had nowhere to go.

Suddenly light came back, this time lighting up too brightly, like in the warehouse when Rafael had been kidnapped.

Alec squinted his eyes to see what was going on. He saw his father, a knife in his hand. He still had the same sinister smirk on his face as he lifted the blade and stabbed it towards Alec's chest.

Alec jumped up. He had been asleep. It was all a dream. He was panting heavily. He didn't need to recall what had happened in the dream because it had all seemed so real, if anything he wanted to forget about what had just happened.

Alec wrapped his arms around his knees as he sat up, his breath ragged. He was sweating nervously.

Magnus had jumped up straight after Alec had and already had an arm around him.
"What is it baby?" Magnus asked worriedly, but still half asleep.
Alec couldn't say anything, his mouth didn't move. He just took another deep breath to try and calm him breathing.
"Come here." Magnus said gently as he wrapped both arms around Alec's body and pulled him in for a tight embrace. "It's ok baby, it was just a dream. Just breath." Magnus's voice was always reassuring. Alec already felt calmer having Magnus beside him.

Once Magnus had embraced Alec for a while, he pulled away when Alec's breath became calmer.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Magnus asked him. He used a tone that said 'if you don't want to, I won't judge you'
"It was a dream about my father." Alec said.
"A bad dream?" Asked Magnus.
"Well it didn't start bad." Alec told him. "My dad was congratulating me for out wedding. I was confused and then before I knew it I was surrounded by darkness and my dad was plunging a knife into my chest." A tear fell down Alec's cheek. It could have been sweat, but Magnus was pretty sure it was a tear.
"It's ok Alexander." Magnus told him, still using his gently voice. "It's all over now, I'm here for you."

Magnus leaned in to Alec to hug him again. He ran a hand down Alec's back, making his body shiver from the sensation.
"Do you want to go back to sleep?" Magnus asked.
Alec looked around the room.
"Well we could finish what we had started yesterday?" Alec said with a slight smirk.
"Oh Mr Lightwood, are you flirting with me?" Magnus asked flirtatiously.
"And what if I was?" Alec replied in the same flirty voice.

Magnus lifted his legs up so that they were on either side of Alec's legs. He drew in to kiss Alec on the lips and Alec kissed back with the same amount of passion.

They both rolled around in the bed for a while, now fully naked. Magnus made sure the door was locked because Rafael had walked in on them before and they didn't want to traumatise him anymore than he already was.

Alec ran a line of kissed down Magnus's body. Magnus twitched as Alec's tongue twisted against his skin. Magnus threw his head back and let Alec carry on.

Alec wasn't thinking about the dream anymore, all he was thinking about was Magnus and that's what he loved about him, that no matter what Alec had gone through, Magnus was always there for him and would light the way through the darkness. Magnus was there for him throughout it all and Alec couldn't be more grateful for ever finding a man like him.