𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗]

Alec was stood in the warehouse, his heart still pounding out of his chest. He reminded himself that he was a shadow hunter and should be brave, but when it came to his son, he was anything but brave, he was afraid of what was going to happen to him. Alec was determined to get Rafael back, whatever the consequences were.

Alec walked around the warehouse and called out Jonathan's name a few times.
"I'm here like you asked, now please give me my son!" Alec shouted, his tone becoming angrier.

The warehouse was dark, Alec tried to spot certain objects in the room, but it was no use, all he could see was endless darkness. Alec went to grab his stele so that he could activate his 'vision rune', but before he could take the stele to him skin, a bright light flashed and lit up the room.

Alec squinted for a second, blinded by the light. He looked around to see who was there.
"It was nice of you to finally arrive." Said a voice. Alec knew straight away it was Jonathan.

Alec knew Jonathan's voice because he had been there when Alec had been kidnapped on the boat with Valentine, he was the blonde haired boy.
"Well I'm here now, so give me Rafael, or I'll kill you!" Shouted Alec, his hand over his eyes, trying to block out the light.
"Well it's not that simple pretty boy, if I were going to just hand over the kid, it wouldn't be very exciting would it?" His voice echoed around the warehouse, making Alec's head ring.

Alec looked around again, hoping to see something, but it was no use, the light that was shining on him was too bright.
"Just please give Rafael to me. You can hurt me, you can do whatever you wish to me, just please don't hurt my son." Alec said trying to hide the pain in his voice.
All Alec heard in response was a laugh from Jonathan.
"Pathetic." Jonathan spat.

The light began to get dimmer, Alec could slowly see two silhouettes of people. He squinted his eyes slightly and saw his beautiful little boy.

Jonathan was holding onto Rafael tightly, not letting him go. Alec could see more clearly now what was going on. As the light got dimmer, Alec saw more.

He could see how Jonathan was holding only Rafael, his hand tightly on his shoulder. Jonathan had a sword in his hand, all Alec could hope for was that Jonathan didn't use it. Rafael also had a piece of tape around his mouth, to stop him from making any kind of noise.

Alec's head began to hurt and his eyes began to sting, all he wanted to do was to run over to his little Rafael, hug him tightly and tell him that everything was going to be ok, but he couldn't do that because Jonathan was stood in between them.

"What do you want from me?" Alec asked, his voice slightly shaking.
Jonathan laughed, "you are so impatient." He said with a large smile on his face. Alec wasn't amused in the slightest.

He stepped forward, but slowly. He knew that Jonathan was clever and was always 2 steps ahead of him.
"Please just give Rafael to me." Alec was now practically begging.

Jonathan began to walk towards Alec, still tightly gripping Rafael.

When Jonathan was close enough to Alec, he threw Rafael forwards.
Rafael almost fell to the ground, but Alec caught him.
"It's ok Raf, I got you." Alec whispered, a tear streaming down his cheek.

Alec slowly pulled the tape off of Rafael's mouth. Rafael winced in pain as the tape pulled his skin.
"Ow." Rafael said.
"I know Raf, but you're going to be ok." Alec reassured him, using the most gentle voice he could put on.
"Daddy, I'm scared." Rafael whispered.
Alec suddenly thought about the time when Rafael had come into him bedroom and told him that he was scared. Alec suddenly thought about Magnus and how scared he must be.
"I know Raf, but I promise you that you will be ok." Alec said, still using his gentle voice.
"But what about you?" Rafael whispered.
Alec felt like he was just punched in the stomach, he didn't want to make any promises to Rafael. Alec thought he wouldn't make it out of the warehouse alive, he didn't know what Jonathan wanted with him.
"I'll be ok." Alec finally said.

Alec wrapped his arms around Rafael and hugged him as tightly as he could. Rafael wrapped his arms around Alec's neck and rested him head in the crook of Alec's neck.
"We're gonna be ok." Alec whispered in his ear, "I promise."

Jonathan had stood there for a while, watching as the father and son reunited. Jonathan rolled his eyes.
"Now the reunion is over, I will tell you the real reason I needed you, Alexander Lightwood." Jonathan announced.
"Don't call me Alexander." Alec said, his voice firm.
Jonathan just laughed again.
"I will call you whatever I wish pretty boy." Jonathan said you him, still laughing.

Alec turned to look at him.
"Tell me then. What do you want from me?" Alec asked him.
Jonathan began to circle around Alec and Rafael.
"Well when your father was alive." Jonathan began. Alec was hit with the words, he didn't love his father, but Robert would always be his father.
Jonathan continued, "your father always told me how he never liked you and that disgusting downworlders relationship. He had told me to try and end your relationship, but everything I tried never worked. When Robert died, I had made a promise to him to end you and that warlocks relationship." Jonathan was still circling around Alec and Rafael as he spoke.

Alec didn't speak, he was shocked at what Jonathan was telling him.
"When I found out you had a child I knew that was what I would use to end your relationship." Jonathan told him.
"And how do you think you'll do that?" Alec asked honestly concerned.
"If you and your warlock don't break up, I will kill your child." Jonathan stated.

Alec felt like he was just stabbed in the chest. He felt like Jonathan had taken a sword and slowly pushed it through his body. Alec knew that he had no choice, but he didn't want to break up with Magnus. A million thoughts rushed through Alec's head, making him dizzy.

Rafael was still stood by Alec. He wasn't completely aware of what was going on in the situation, but he was afraid when Jonathan threatened to kill him.
"Why does it bother you so much about me and Magnus's relationship? What have I ever done to you to make you want to kill my son?" Alec asked in shock. He tried to keep his voice calm, but that wasn't possible when you had just been told to leave the love of your life.

"Because your father hated it and I stood by your father, meaning I will do whatever it takes to do as he says, whether he he dead or alive." Jonathan told him.

Alec didn't know what to say, he was in total shock. He felt physically in pain, he didn't want to leave Magnus, but he didn't want Rafael to die because of it.
"Is there any other way?" Alec asked him.
Jonathan turned around to look Alec in the eyes, he turned his head down so his eyes were now facing Rafael.
"There is no other way." He said simply.

Alec's heart was pounding, he tried to stay calm so that he wouldn't scare Rafael, even though Rafael was already terrified.

"But how do you expect me to break up with my husband? Don't you think he'll find it suspicious when I suddenly just break up with him out of the blue?" Alec asked, still trying to keep his voice calm.
"Well you'll explain it in the letter." Jonathan replied.
"What letter?" Alec asked.
"Well if you talk to him face to face then I don't know what you are saying to him, how would I know that you are not telling him about the whole story? You will write a letter to your precious husband telling him that you never want to see him again. It's simple." Jonathan exclaimed.
Alec was annoyed at how happy Jonathan sounded.
"I don't have any paper." Alec said grumpily.
"Well good thing I do." Jonathan replied cheerfully.

Alec didn't want to do this, but he knew that if he didn't leave Magnus, then Rafael would die and that was the last thing he wanted. At least If he left Magnus then he could recover from the pain, slowly, but still recover. He knew that if Rafael died it would be his fault and that would probably hurt Magnus more. Magnus deserved everything and Alec knew that Magnus had had centuries of last lovers and could eventually get over losing another.

Maybe Alec would never recover from this pain, but all he wanted was for Rafael and Magnus to be happy.

Jonathan handed Alec the paper and Alec began writing.