"𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥." [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐]

Alec woke up with the sun shining in on his face. He moved around in his bed to get the sun off of his face.

He sat up in his bed and thought about the mission the night before. Was Magnus flirting with me.

He got up out of bed and threw on some clothes. As usual he wore black. He put his boots on and then went to go and get breakfast.

He saw Izzy, Jace and Clary already sitting down at a table, so he got some food and then went to sit with them.

"Hey Alec." Clary said as he sat down beside Jace.
"Hey."

They were sitting eating their breakfast and talking about the mission they went on last night.

"What was Magnus like?" Clary asked.

"He was um quite magical." Alec said.
Everyone looked over at him and Alec started to get embarrassed. "I mean he's very good at magic."

Jace looked over at him and smiled
"Magical?" Jace laughed.
Izzy looked over at her embarrassed brother.

"He helped us track the mortal cup, we are not sure exactly who has it, but today we are going to find it." Izzy told them.
"Yeah, I'll call Magnus to see if he will help us again" Jace said.

"Magnus? Why do we need Magnus again?" Alec asked. He was still embarrassed, so he had his head down.
"Because Magnus's magic helped is track the cup, so we need to ask him if he will come on the mission with us." Jace exclaimed.

They all proceeded to eat breakfast that morning and once they had all finished they got up and went to start prep for their next mission. Clary was coming on the mission, so she was getting ready in her gear.

Alec was in the weapons room getting his bow and quiver ready.

Izzy walked into the weapons room with her high heels and gear on. "Alec are you ok?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." Alec replied bluntly, not wanting to talk anymore.

"No you're not, do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really, but I'll probably have to" Alec said to her.

Izzy walked over to her big brother and put an arm around him.

"Alec you need to stop worrying what other people think of you and you can't care about what mum and dad think for the rest of your life."

"What do you mean?" Alec asked.

"You know what I mean Alec. You may think that nobody will ever love you, but one day someone is going to love you heart and soul." Izzy exclaimed. She took her arms off of Alec and then went to get her whip.

Alec thought about what Izzy had just said to him, maybe her shouldn't worry about what people thought of him.

"Is everyone ready?" Alec said to the rest of them.

"Yep and I called Magnus, he said he would meet us here." Jace said.

They didn't need to wait long as Magnus had portalled to the institute in a few second from getting the call from Jace.

This time Magnus had a streak of pink hair, he was wearing glittery makeup as usual and he had many rings on his fingers.

Alec was staring at Magnus, Alec thought he was very good looking, but I quickly stopped thinking about that and focused on the mission.

Magnus walked over to them, he looked over at Alec and then smiled at him. Magnus looked from Alecs head to his toes. Did he just check me out.

He tried to stop thinking about Magnus and focused on what Jace was saying to Magnus.

"You tracked the mortal cup, but now we need to see who has it because if it's Valentine, he will be able to create an army of dark Shadowhunters." Jace told them.

Alec was looking from Jace to Magnus, he couldn't focus fully on what Jace was saying because he was distracted by Magnus.

Izzy saw that Alec was staring intently at the warlock and couldn't help but smile.

They all left the institute through a portal Magnus created.

They arrived by the water.
"What are we looking for?" Izzy asked.

"Well we have to find a boat because that's where Valentine is." Magnus replied.

Jace had a dagger that Valentine had given to him and was going to use it to try and track him.

"Warlock tracking is stronger." Magnus interrupted while taking the dagger from Jace's hands.

Alec looked around to see if anyone was there or if any of valentines spies had found them. There was nobody. Yet.

A man came up behind Alec and grabbed him. They held a seraph blade to him throat.

"If any of you move, I'll slit his throat." The man said.

Alec didn't say anything, just looked at everyone with a look that told them not to move.

Magnus looked scared for Alec. He even thought he saw a tear in Magnus' eye. Izzy shouted something, but Alec didn't know what she said because his head was ringing from being hit by the guy.

The seraph blade was still up against his throat and it was beginning to get harder for Alec to breath.

The man created a mortal and took Alec with him, the seraph blade still against his throat.

"No!" Magnus shouted.

"Please don't take him." Izzy cried.
Jace tried to grab the seraph blade from his gear, but it was too late, Alec was already gone.

"We have to find him." Magnus said.