𝐀𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖]

TW- blood, sharp objects, injury.

Alec and Magnus were still in the Bahamas. Izzy had called Alec to ask where he was, he told her that he was on vacation.

"Would you like to go to Paris?" Asked Magnus.
"Like right now?"
"Yeah why not?"
"Well don't we have to get back right away." Said Magnus.

Magnus and Alec both got ready so that they could go to Paris.

When they both arrive In Paris the first thing they do is find their room.

Magnus tells Alec that he knows a nice bakery down the road, so they both leave their hotel room to go and find it.

The sky begins to get darker as the sun sets. Magnus and Alec walk hand in hand along the roads of Paris.

When they reach the bakery, they buy some Pastry and then begin to walk again. They didn't sit down because all of the seats were taken.

Alec finds a bridge and they both walk along it. Alec takes his hand out of Magnus's for a moment as he takes a bite of his croissant and looks at the sunset over the river.

He turns around, but couldn't see Magnus. Alec begins to panic, he looks around to see where his boyfriend is.

When he finally sees Magnus his heart drops out of his chest. He wanted to scream.

He walked towards Magnus, while tears stung in his eyes.
"What are you doing?" Alec asks.

Magnus was stood with a knife to his throat. It was Robert who was holding Magnus.
"Dad, let Magnus go right now!" Alec demands.
"Oh I don't think I'll be able to do that." Said Robert with a smile.
"How did you escape from the guard?" Alec asks.
"I really haven't taught you well." Robert laughs.
"What are you taking about?"
"You shouldn't be asking me these questions, you should be trying to save your disgusting warlock boyfriend." Said Robert.
"How dare you." Alec said and then pulled his bow and arrow from around his shoulders.

"If you shoot me, I'll kill him." Robert told him.
Alec put the weapon down as he didn't want anything to happen to Magnus.

A tear fell from Magnus's eye and slowly down his cheek as Robert held the knife to his throat. The sharp blade was already cutting Magnus's throat and blood was rolling down his neck.

Alec began to slowly move towards his father and Magnus.
"You're going to be ok." Alec whispered to Magnus.

Alec looked over to his father.
"Why are you doing this dad?" He asked trying to hold back tears.
"Because of you." He said, "I'm saving you from yourself."
"How are you saving me, all you care about is yourself, you've never cared about me." Said Alec with a firm tone.

Robert shook his head. "No son, you were my greatest accomplishment, how you were a born leader, a natural fighter. I was so proud of you." Robert said.
Alec didn't like it, but there was a past of him which liked his father telling him how proud he was of his son.
"But then you told me that you liked this warlock guy." Robert said digging the blade deeper into Magnus's skin.
Magnus let out a loud scream of pain. A tear fell down his cheek as he watched his boyfriend cry out.

Alec moved faster towards his father and grabbed him by the neck. Robert didn't flinch because he still had the blade to Magnus's neck and he knew that if Alec did anything to him then he would simply kill Magnus.

Alec wrapped his hands around his fathers neck, still focusing on Magnus.
"If you want to hurt anyone, then hurt me." Alec said, pain in his voice.
"Oh but I am hurting you. You are in pain watching your boyfriend suffer aren't you?" Asked Robert.
Alec didn't respond to his fathers question, he just looked over at Magnus.
"Alec you need to leave." Said Magnus, tears rolling down his cheeks.
"He'll only hurt you next if you don't escape. Please Alexander, run."
Alec stared into Magnus's eyes and let a tear fall down his cheek.
"Magnus I will never leave you." Alec told him.

Magnus's POV
The blade was digging deeply into Magnus's throat. The world around him had slowed down.

There was a saying which was 'your life flashes before your eyes'
Magnus had had many near death experiences, but now he had Alec to think about, many memories rushed behind his eyes.

—Magnus's memories—
Alec and Magnus were laying in the bed. Alec was laying on Magnus's bare chest, he could hear his heart beat. Alec loved hearing his boyfriends heart beat because that told him that he was there beside him. The sun shone into the bedroom as they both laid down. Magnus gently kissed Alec on the forehead. "I love you." Magnus whispered. "I love you more." Alec replies. Magnus lifts his hand up and starts playing with Alec's thick, black hair. Alec let's his head drop to the side on Magnus's chest as he stares out of the window. "You could never love me as much as I love you." Alec whispers.

Magnus was sat in the club, he had a drink in his hand and was watching as all of the people in the club danced. Nobody in the pandemonium caught his eye except one tall, dark and handsome shadowhunter. "Who are you?" Magnus said to himself. Magnus walked over to the boy, but a demon blocked his path. He tried to use his magic, but before he could the shadow Hunter shot an arrow and it hit the demon, causing it to disappear. "I'm Magnus, I don't think we've been formally introduced." Magnus had said to him. "I'm Alec."
Magnus had never forgot the night they met and he never would.

—in the present—
Magnus tried not to think about anything other than the present moment. He knew that if he thought about his memories of Alec it would just make him more upset. So he just stood there and thought if this moment would be his end.

A loud noise came from behind them. The person shot Robert with his magic and sent him flying.

Magnus was now free from Roberts grasp and ran over to Alec to hug him tightly.
"Magnus I was so scared." Alec cried.
"So was I."

They both embraced each other's touch for a while.

Magnus and Alec turned back to look at who had saved them.
"Father?" Magnus said.
"Did you really think I would let anyone hurt my son?" Said asmodeus.

He walked over to his son and gave him a hug. "Thank you Alexander Lightwood for making my son happy." Asmodeus said to Alec.
Alec didn't say anything, he just smiled.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" Asked Magnus.
"A father always knows."

Alec turned to look at his father. He walked over towards him and put two fingers to his neck to check for a pulse. Robert Lightwood was dead.

Alec didn't want to be, but he was upset that his father had died. He didn't love his father, but he loved the idea of a father. He sat beside his dad and held his head.
"I'm sorry this happened to you dad, but I don't understand why you hated me so much." Said Alec as a tear fell from his eye and brushed against his cheek. "I'm sorry." Alec whispered.

Magnus walked over to Alec and hugged him again, "Alec I am so sorry." Said Magnus, "for your father."
"Don't apologise Magnus, he almost killed you." Alec reminded him.
Alec looked at Magnus's neck and saw that his cuts had already disappeared, Magnus must have used a healing spell.

Alec let go of Magnus and walked back over to his father.
"Ave atque vale." Said Alec.
"Hail and farewell."