𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕]

Alec looked nervously at his father.
"So where were you last night?" Robert asked. He had a disappointed look on his face like he already knew what Alec was going to say.

"I was um, doing extra work. Magnus called me last night to help him with a demon problem." Alec replied hesitantly.
"Really well then why was he in your room after you returned from Valentines boat?"

"Because I was talking to him and he was helping me with the pain." Alec kept coming up with answers to what Robert was saying, but he was starting to get nervous about what questions Robert could ask.

"Well Alec If you need anyone to talk to, then I'm here for you."

That was the last thing Alec expected his father to say to him. His dad reached toward him and pulled him in for a hug.

Alec had thought in that moment about telling his father that he was gay because at this moment it seemed that Robert had more of a problem with Alec talking to a warlock, than he had a problem with him liking boys.

"Dad I have to tell you something." Alec began, but before he could finish talking Robert interrupted him.

"Before you finish, I have some good news for you."

Alec looked at his father in confusion. "And what is that?" Asked Alec.

"We have found you a wife."

Alec's heart suddenly dropped. "What?" He asked again.

"Her name is Lydia and she is amazing. Lydia Branwell is very respected by the Clave and we all think she Would make an excellent wife."

Alec looked around and tried not to think about the fact that his father insisted on him marrying a woman. He thought about kissing Magnus and how happy it had made him, to be able to share the moment with such an amazing person.

If Alec didn't tell his dad, then he would have to marry Lydia and keep pretending for the rest of his life.
"What were you going to tell me son?" Robert asked looking up at Alec.

Alec was pretty tall, he towered over most of the people in the institute and he was certainly a lot taller than his dad.

"Dad, I'm... I." Alec stuttered, he couldn't find a way to say the words 'I'm gay' he didn't understand why it was so hard to tell someone that you are interested in the same gender as you.

Alec took a deep breath and then looked at his father.

"I don't like girls." Alec mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Robert said.

Alec didn't want to say it again, but he couldn't just leave his father there, wondering what Alec was talking about.
"I'm gay." Alec finally said.

His heart was pounding out of his chest. If anyone could hear his heartbeat they would probably have a headache.

"What!" Robert said angrily. "No you don't! You are just saying that!" Robert starting to get more annoyed.

"I'm so sorry." Alec said with tears streaming down his face. Alec ran to his room and closed the door behind him.

He laid on his bed and hid his face in the pillows. He tried to sob as quietly as possible, but he was just so upset at his fathers reaction.

He knew his dad wouldn't be happy, but he didn't want it to actually be true.

Alec put his hand in his pocket and took out his phone.

"Hey, can you meet me at the park." Alec said quietly, he tried to hide the fact that he was crying, but it was hard to stop his voice from shaking.

"Alexander? What's wrong? Are you ok?" Magnus asked. He sounded worried.
"Just meet me at the park and I'll talk to you." Alec finally said and then hung up the phone.

He got up from his bed and then looked In the bathroom mirror. He washed his face with cold water to try and hide the fact that he had been crying. He took a deep breath and then left the institute.

When he arrived at the park he saw Magnus sitting on a bench in the distance.

Magnus spotted him and got up from where he was sat.

"Alexander, what's wrong?" He asked.
"I came out to my dad." Alec said. He was playing with his hands because he was nervous. He didn't really want to talk about his dad and how he reacted when he came out to him, but he trusted Magnus and he wanted to tell him.

"How did it go?" Magnus asked.
"Not well. He shouted at me and disappointed. He also said that he found me a wife." Alec finished.

"Oh Alexander." Magnus said. He wrapped his arms tightly around Alec's waist and pulled him closer towards him.
"It's going to be ok." Magnus reassured him. He could hear Alec's cries as he held him tightly, all Magnus wanted to do was tell Alec that everything will be ok."

Alec broke the hug because he got a call. He picked up his phone and answered it. It was his father.

"I know you are dating that disgusting warlock and if you don't break up with him, I will remove you as the head of the institute." Robert said and then hung up the Phone.

Magnus could see the fear in Alec's eyes.
"Who was it?" Magnus asked.

"My dad. He said that he knows I'm seeing you and if I don't leave you then I will no longer be the head of the institute."

"What? That can't happen. Your dad can't do that." Magnus demanded.

"He can actually. The clave doesn't honour a relationship between a shadowhunter and a downworlder, especially if it's a same sex couple." Alec told him.

"But this is the job you have always dreamed of." Said Magnus sadly.

Magnus knew what the options were, either break up with Alec so he could carry on with his dream job, or stay with Alec and have his dad continue to hate him.

"Alexander, I totally understand if you want to keep you job and stop taking to me. It's probably best if you don't get too attached so that it won't be hard to leave me." Magnus said. There was a pain in his voice. He really liked Alec and he didn't want to leave him, but he respected Alec's decision.

"What are you talking about Magnus. I don't want that stupid job If it means I can't have you, or at least the chance to get to know you. I have never met anyone like you. I haven't met someone that has changed my life as much as you. I haven't known you for very long, but I do Know that I really like you." Alec added.

Magnus looked overjoyed with what Alec had just told him. He was happy that Alec felt the same way for him.

"Can I kiss you?" Magnus asked quietly. He knew that Alec didn't like being seen kissing Magnus in public, so he would ask Alec.

Alec didn't reply, he pulled Magnus towards him and began to kiss him. At that moment he didn't care who was watching him, or what his dad though about him. All he cared about was Magnus.