𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗]

Alec was sat in his bed in the institute, Magnus had offers to take him home, but Alec refused.

He was laying down, he had a bad headache, but he just thought of it as just a hang over.

Izzy knocked on his door.
"Come in." Alec called.

She walked in through the door. Izzy was wearing all black, "are you alright Alec?" She asked him. She was speaking in a soft voice, probably because she didn't want his headache to get any worse.

"Do you want me to call Magnus?" Izzy asked as she walked towards his bed.
"Who?" Asked Alec confused.

"Magnus. High warlock of Brooklyn. Your boyfriend." Izzy reminded him.
"Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend, I'm about Lydia." Alec replied.

"What? No Alec you're with Magnus, not Lydia." Izzy exclaimed. She was beginning to sound more annoyed now, but she tried to calm herself.

"I'm going to call Magnus." Izzy said quickly and grabbed her phone.
"Izzy no! I don't want you to call that warlock person. I'm fine." Alec exclaimed.

Izzy didn't listen, she dialled Magnus's number and then called him.
Izzy- Hey Magnus, are you busy?
Magnus- Not really, why?
Izzy- Well Alec is acting strange, he's saying he doesn't know who you are and now I'm worried about him.
Magnus- I'll be there right away.

Magnus arrived at the institute after a few moments of ending the call with Izzy.
"Where is Alec?" Magnus asked.
"He's in his room." Replied Izzy.

Magnus and Izzy walked to Alec's room. Magnus opened the door and Izzy stood outside to see what was going on.
"Who are you?" Alec asked Magnus.
"I'm Magnus Bane, I'm your boyfriend." Magnus replied.

"No! I don't have a boyfriend. I have a girlfriend!" Alec shouted.

Magnus was taken aback by Alec's shouting. Alec looked afraid and Magnus didn't know what to do.

"Do you really not remember me?" Magnus asked.

"I don't know you and I don't care." Alec said.

Magnus stood there looking at Alec, tears stung the back of his eyes and he tried to hold back from crying.

"Ok Alexander, I'll leave you." Magnus said softly and then left the room.

He walked towards Izzy.
"Magnus I'm so sorry." Izzy said.
"Don't worry Izzy, it's not your fault." Said Magnus.

Magnus portalled back home. Robert had left his room and was smiling happily as Magnus left.

"Why are you smiling so much?" Izzy asked her father.

"Oh nothing." Robert replied and then when to work.

Izzy was suspicious of Robert. She knew that something was wrong and she was determined to find out.

The next day Alec was at work. He felt better and was ready to work again.

Alec saw Lydia doing her work, so he walked over to her.
"Hey Alec." Said Lydia.
"Hey." He replied.
Robert walked over to them.
"Hey Alec, can I talk to you?" He asked.
"Yeah sure."

Robert walked Alec away from Lydia.
"Alec are you going to propose to Lydia?" Robert asked.

Alec didn't remember anything about Robert, all he knew was he loved his father. He also knew that he was planning on marrying Lydia.

"Yeah I think I'm going to propose soon." Replied Alec and then walked away from his father and back to Lydia.

Robert didn't only put a potion in Alec's drink, he also put one in Lydia's drink to make her fall in love with Alec.

Alec and Lydia were working together. Izzy was watching them from a distance and was getting more suspicious as the day went on.

Izzy walked up to her father, "dad, why is Alec so close to Lydia at the moment?" Izzy asked.

"I'm not sure Izzy, but it's a good thing." Robert replied.

"No it's not! Alec has forgotten about Magnus completely! How do you explain that?"

"I don't know what you're talking about Izzy." He said. Robert changed the subject, "isn't it time for you to train now?"

Izzy rolled her eyes at her father and then walked away from him.
Izzy was determined to find out what was going on.

Izzy was in the training room with Clary. They were training together for their next mission.
"Have you noticed that Alec is acting weird lately?" Asked Clary.
"I'm glad someone noticed." Izzy replied.
"What's wrong with him?"
"I don't know, but I think my dad did something to him. I'll find out what it is."

They continued training until Jace came in. "Clary, can I borrow you?" Asked Jace. Clary nodded her head and then followed Jace, leaving Izzy alone in the training room, whip in hand.

—Alec's POV—
I'm going to propose to Lydia soon. Shadow hunters don't exchange rings, so I don't have to worry about that, all I need to worry about is making it special for Lydia because I love her very much.

—Narrator—
Alec walked over to Lydia, slightly nervous and asked her to follow him.

They had reached a room, in the room there were rose petals on the bed and candles on the bedside table.
"What is all do this Alec?" Lydia asked.
"I need to ask you something."
Lydia smiled and then let him speak.
"Ever since I met you I've wanted to do this. If I do this, not only will we be able to run the institute together, but I'll be able to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love. Lydia branwell, will you marry me, Alec Lightwood?"

Lydia looked down at Alec as he was on one knee. She had tears in her eyes, "yes of course I'll marry you!" She said excitedly.

Alec stood up and then wrapped his arms around Lydia. He hugged her tightly.

There was a sudden knock on the door.
"Who is it?" Alec asked.
"It's Izzy."
"Come in." Alec said.

Izzy walked in and saw Alec's arms around Lydia. "Alec what are you doing?" Izzy asked, not very happy to see Lydia in Alec's arms.

"I just proposed up Lydia." Alec replied with a smile across his face.

"You did what?" Izzy said in a louder, more firm voice.

"What do you mean?" Asked Alec.

"What I mean is what about Magnus?"
"Yeah what about him, I don't even know him." Alec said confused.

Izzy rolled her eyes at her brother.
"Can you come with me for a second Alec." Izzy said.

Alec let go of Lydia and stepped outside with Izzy. She held onto her brothers hands tightly and then looked into his eyes.

"Alec please listen to me. I know you are in there. You love Magnus. He is your boyfriend and I don't know what's going on with you, but can you please try to remember." Izzy begged, she had tears in her eyes.

"Izzy I'm sorry, but I don't know what you want me to do. I've been with Lydia for ages and I only just met Magnus. I remember him from somewhere, but he wasn't very nice to me."

"What do you mean he wasn't nice to you?" Asked Izzy.

"I remember I went to a bar one time and he was there, Dad was there too, but Magnus was shouting at me. I don't remember what it was about, but I know that he doesn't like me." Replied Alec.
"Yes he does like you, he loves you Alec. Let me try and help you remember. You met him on a mission; he calls you Alexander; you've been on dates with him (but I don't know what you did on the dates). Please Alec just try to remember him. If you ever trusted me, then listen to me. You were happy with Magnus and you loved him, so please don't marry Lydia." Izzy begged again, still holding onto Alec's hands.

"I'm sorry Izzy, but I love Lydia." He said and then let go of izzys hands to go back to Lydia.