𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐢 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖]

Alec was sat in Magnus's apartment. Magnus had offered Alec to come and stay with him for a while because everything that was going on with his dad.

Magnus sat beside him on the sofa in his living room. Magnus's arm was resting on Alec's shoulder.

"It's going to be ok Alexander." Magnus reassured him.

Alec put his head in his hands.
"I just don't know what to do." Alec whimpered. His voice was shaking and he looked tense.

"Let me make you some coffee, why don't you go and sit down on the bed and then I'll bring you a drink."

Alec walked over to the bedroom, but before he reached the bed his legs gave out underneath him and he fell to the floor in pain.

Magnus dropped everything he was holding and ran over to Alec.

"Alexander!" Magnus shouted.
Alec was holding his lower stomach. His parabatai rune.

He was screaming out in pain for Jace. Magnus assumed that Jace was hurt because a parabatai bond, binds two souls. If Jace dies a part of Alec dies too.

Magnus grabbed onto Alec, he didn't know what to do because he didn't have a parabatia, he wasn't even a shadowhunter, so he didn't know what it was like.

All Magnus could do was hold onto Alec tightly.

Alec suddenly gasped. He was panting heavily as he lay on the floor in Magnus's grasp.

"I need to find Jace." Was the first thing Alec said.

"What do you need me to do?" Magnus asked.

"I need to track him. I might need your magic for the strength." Alec told him.
"Of course Alexander."

Magnus had helped Alec up onto the bed. Alec removed his shirt so that he could access his rune more easily.

Magnus would never get used to Alec's defined abs. He looked at Alec's face and asked him if he was sure he wanted to do this.

"Alexander, if you do this, it will weaken your parabatai bond." Magnus exclaimed.
"I have to do this, I have to find Jace."

Alec drew a rune over his rune and began to track Jace. Magnus had begun to use his magic to prevent Alec from feeling pain or 'try' to prevent Alec from feeling pain. Parabatai bonds were strong and he didn't know how much his magic could do to help.

Alec began to flinch and move around in pain. He was whimpering softly from the pain of the bond. Magnus tried to stop that.

Blue sparks came from Magnus's hands and covered Alec's twitching body.

Alec opened his eyes.
"I can see him!" Alec announced. He got up off of the bed and looked over at Magnus.

"Thank you." Alec said to Magnus.
Magnus smiled at him and then handed Alec his shirt, still staring down at his abs.

They both left the apartment and Magnus portalled them to the water.

Alec called Izzy. "Izzy I know where Jace is, bring back up!" He said across the phone.

Once they were at the water, Izzy, Clary, Simon, Maia and Luke all came towards them. Alec looked over at everyone.
"You said you needed backup." Izzy told him.

"So where's Jace?" Simon asked.
"Well it's hard to explain, he's on a boat with Valentine. I felt him through our bond." Alec said.

Everyone was staring at Alec, listening to what he was saying.

"So how do we get on the boat?" Luke asked.

"That's where Magnus comes in. He will portal us onto the boat as I have already tracked where Jace is." Alec said.

Magnus opened a portal and everyone entered.

They were now all on the boat.
"Maia, Simon and Luke you need to stick together." Clary said. She went and hugged Simon and told him to be careful along with the others.

Clary and Simon had been best friends forever. Clary and Simon protected each other at all times whatever they had been through and Luke was basically Clary's father. Him and Jocelyn had been dating before she had died from Valentine poisoning her by injecting her with demon blood when she was pregnant with her son.

Clary wished all of them luck and then they split up from the rest of them.

Alec was the one who was going to find Jace as he was able to feel him, but everyone was there to help.

Izzy walked over to Alec and whispered to him, "Alec are you ok?" She asked.
"I will be when I find Jace." He replied.

Magnus had his hand on Alec's arm.
"We will find him Alexander." Magnus whispered to him.

Alec, Magnus, Izzy and Clary were all standing together. They had to be quiet because they didn't want Valentine to catch them.

Alec began to walk towards a small door which was at the end of the boat. They all followed shortly behind him.
"Be careful everyone." Alec said and then continued waking.

Everyone had their weapons ready as they walked. Izzy had her whip at her wrist, Clary was holding a seraph blade and Alec had his bow and quiver.

They reached the door and Alec slowly opened it. He looked inside the room to see who was in there.

"Jace?" Alec whispered, "are you in here?"

"Alec?" A voice replied.
Alec ran into the room and looked around to see if Jace was there. He was. Chained up and covered in blood.

Alec ran over to him with his stele in his hand. He drew over Jace's iratze rune and let him heal before he tried to get him out.
"How did you find me?" Jace asked quietly. He was in pain so he couldn't speak like normal.

"Our parabatai rune." Alec replied.

Clary ran over to Jace and hugged him. Clary and Jace were dating so she kissed him gently on the lips so she didn't hurt him any more.

"Clary." He said happily and then smiled at her.

Izzy was standing behind her brother.
"Jace I'm so glad you are ok!" She said relived.

Jace looked at everyone standing in front of him.

"If you want to get off of this boat then you have to do it fast, otherwise Valentine will find us." Jace told them.

"We need to find everyone else." Magnus said.

Magnus walked up to Jace and used his magic to cut Jace free of the chains. He held onto his wrist in pain.

"Thank you Magnus." Jace said.
"No problem, but now we have to find the others." Magnus exclaimed.

They all got up and went to the door. A big man began to walk in front of them.
"What a lovely surprise." Valentine said with a smile on his face. The smile wasn't a happy smile, it was a sinister, evil smile.
"This should be fun." He laughed.