𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐞 [𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏]

Alec had run all the way to the institute, he wasn't sure why he ran there because he knew that if he saw anyone, he wouldn't be able to tell them what was going on.

He walked through the main entrance and through the hall, trying not to bump into anyone he knew.

Alec walked straight to him room, but before he could enter, he saw Izzy.
"Alec? What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Um..." Alec wasn't sure on what to say, he had never been good at lying to Izzy. "I just had to get some work done at the institute." He finally said.
"Oh ok. How's Magnus?" She asked him.
Alec's hurt began to hurt again, he didn't want to think about Magnus, all the memories they shared.
"Yeah he's good." Alec replied and then stepped into his room, closing the door behind him.

Izzy didn't completely believe Alec, but she didn't say anything.

Alec laid on his bed, tears in his eyes. He didn't want to cry because he knew that if he let a tear fall down his cheek, they would never stop.

He walked into his bathroom and threw some cold water on his face, hoping that it would stop the tears.

He decided to hop into the shower, letting the hot water trace down ever inch of his body.

All Alec could do was think about Magnus. He thought of the letter he wrote and what Magnus's face would have been like to read it.

Alec tried to stop thinking about Magnus, he focused on the shower he was having and tried to clear his mind.

He stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around his waist.

Alec looked in the mirror at his red-rimmed eyes. The shower didn't really help him very much.

He threw on his black shirt and sweat pants and then got into bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling in his bedroom.

Alec had been laying in the same position for almost an hour, he couldn't keep his eyes open much longer and tiredness took over and he fell asleep, letting his eyelids slowly shut.

When Alec was asleep he had nightmares about Magnus and Rafael and Jonathan.

Alec's eyes threw open and he tired to steady his ragged breathing. He took a deep breath. When he was awake he thought of Magnus and when he was asleep he dreamed of Magnus. Alec couldn't take it anymore.

Alec jumped up from his bed and ran down the hall into the training room. It was 3am, so the room was empty.

Alec grabbed a bow from the weapons case and took a few arrows, he began shooting them at the targets located around the room.

Alec put the bow and arrow down and walked over to the punching bag. He used all the strength and anger stored up in him to punch the bag as forcefully as he could.

He punched the bag for a while, still as hard as he could. Alec's hands were bleeding and his body was beginning to hurt, but Alec wanted to feel pain, he felt like that's what he deserved.

He punched the bag harder as he thought about Jonathan and what he had said to him in the warehouse. Alec then thought about his father and what Robert would have done to him if he was still alive.

Alec started kicking the punching bag, still using all the strength he had left.

His hands were dripping blood and his feet were aching, but he didn't let the pain stop him.

Alec finally became weak and fell to the ground. His head was pounding and he rested his head in his hands, still letting the blood drip on the floor.

He didn't use an iratze to heal himself because he wanted to feel the pain running through his body.

Alec heard a noise coming from outside of the trading room, he didn't look up because he assumed it was just some random person wondering around the institute.

"Alec?" The voice said.
Alec lifted up his head, the room was dark so he couldn't see the figures face, but he knew his voice straight away. It was his parabatai.

Jace ran over to Alec who was still sat on the ground.
"Alec what are you doing?" He asked panicked after seeing the blood dripping from Alec's hands.

Jace took his stele from his pocket and traced over the iratze rune on Alec's skin.
"Why are you here?" Alec asked.
"Because I heard a noise and wanted to see what it was, but Alec it's 3am, what's wrong?" Jace asked, concerned for his parabatai.
"Nothing, I'm fine." Alec replied.
"No you're not Alec, I'm your parabatai I know when somethings wrong. Talk to me." Jace said in a gentler tone.

Alec looked at Jace in the eyes. Jace could see his red-rimmed eyes and said no more. He wrapped his arms around Alec's neck and pulled him towards his body for a hug.

Alec let out a cry, trying to cry as quietly as he could.
"Alec, do you want to talk about it?" Jace whispered.
"I can't." Alec replied back in a whisper.
"What do you mean you can't? You can tell me anything." Jace reassured him.
"No i mean if I tell you, then people I love with be in danger." Alec said.
Jace became a little more concerned.
"Alec, you're making me nervous." Jace said.

Alec took his head off of jace's shoulder and looked him in the eyes.
"If I tell you this, you have to promise me you won't tell anyone. If anyone finds out, then Rafael will die." Alec told him.
Jace's heart began to beat faster, he wasn't sure who was threatening to kill Rafael, but he didn't say anything and let Alec speak.
"Jonathan kidnapped Rafael the other day. He left a note on his bed and said that I needed to meet him. I went to the warehouse and found him with Rafael." Alec began.
Shock was painted over Jace's face, he looked afraid.
Alec continued the story. "Jonathan said that he would give me back Rafael if I broke up with Magnus and never spoke to him again." Alec told him.
"What? What would he want that?" Jace asked confused.
"Before Robert died, he told Jonathan that he wanted him to end me and Magnus's relationship, he said that when I had Rafael, that was his chance. So Jonathan forced me to write a letter to Magnus, telling him to never speak to me again and Jonathan said if I mentioned him or the deal, then he'd kill Rafael." Alec finished, he let his head drop down and was now looking down as his hands.
"Alec I'm so sorry." Jace said, he didn't know what else to say, he knew Jonathan was evil, but not pure evil.
"I'll kill him." Jace told Alec.
"But if you do, then he'll know I told you." Alec said to him.
"Not If I kill him first and when he's dead you can tell Magnus everything." Jace said to him.

Jace stood up and lent Alec a hand to help him off the ground, he knew Alec was still weak even though all his cuts had healed.
"But Alec you can't blame yourself. You can't hurt yourself because of Jonathan, that's what he would want. I know you're strong Alec. We'll do everything to find a way to kill him." Jace promised him.

Jace pulled Alec in to hug him again.
"I promise." Jace whispered as he tightly wrapped his arms around Alec's neck.